“Great food at an awesome price!”
Review of New Taiwan Restaurant - CLOSED

New Taiwan Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This place has great prices and really delicious food, but even better was their plate presentation. It makes you feel like you're eating at a really high end place, but without spending all the money.

1  Thank Jenwhatup
There are newer reviews for New Taiwan Restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Or is it the other way around?

I'l just say it, New Taiwan, previously a Mexican restaurant, previously a Shoney's or something, is to good for Grandview (I used to live there so I can talk about it this way). I don't think they know what they have on their back doorstep down there. Honestly though, compared to every other Chinese restaurant in Grandview I used to go to, which the only one I can still find online is Buffet Garden, this place defeats them hands down. I'm not an expert on Taiwanese cuisine but I don't actually think there is a lot of it here, mostly your exceptionally prepared ordinary Chinese American food. The really cool thing about New Tawain is that their portions are huge, the plates are like works of art, and the garnishments are ridiculous. How many times have you had a Hostess mini chocolate chip muffin alongside your pork fried rice? It's a little strange and I'm not sure that they actually compliment each other, but as we know deserts at most Chinese buffets are far less appetizing, and it's included free, score! Speaking of Pork Fried Rice, there's is seriously one of the best I've ever had, the flavors were spot on and it was cooked very nicely, even a slight toast on the rice, it kind of gives it a more nutty flavor. Last time I was there I had the General Tso's Chicken, I like to try this dish first, if it's good I'll usually go back to the restaurant and try something else (kind of a initiation), but theirs is so good, I must have it every time I go. The interior is clean and colorful, and the booths are comfortable. So, in closing, if you live in Grandview or drive down 71 highway, if so you are probably going to be stuck in traffic, so just pop in and get a bite. I have a feeling most restaurants don't make it in this location, I hope New Taiwan does, but you should go now and not chance it. If you need more convincing read the KC Pitch review (http://www.pitch.com/2008-09-18/restaurants/the-new-taiwan-restaurant-gets-carried-away-with-garnishes-and-we-go-right-along/)

1  Thank KaiserKC