“Dinner”

El Maguey
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Grain Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite Mexican restaurant. They are friendly and the food is good. The prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Stopped in for a quick lunch with two associates. Food was very good and the service was excellent. In and out with good food in under an hour.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Went here on per Google reviews as we are still trying to find a great Mexican restaurant in the KC area.
Overall the service was a little slow had to wait a little while to be seated and then it took a while to take our food orders. Maybe because only one waitress was working and she was doing just about everything except cooking.
Great Margarita special. Food was ok not the best Mexican food I've had but ok, could use a little more seasoning. Food portions we're good size. Chips come out nice and hot, Salsa was alright, I like my salsa with chunks not the stuff that looks like tomato sauce. Not one that I would say you have to try it, but they weren't terrible.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Coworkers took us here for dinner after spending four days at SantaCaliGon. It was the best food I've had in a restaurant in ages. Got a giant giant giant margarita which was wonderful. The service started out a little iffy but ended well. Very reasonably priced food and it was just fabulous. Can't wait to be back in town and enjoy it again!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Service, great! Drinks, awesome (they FILL the wine glass our trip!) My mom loved her food, however I ordered something with the special gravy, extremely salty. Salsa with chips was very tasty. I would go back, just so I could try more of their food, many good options. Prices were not outrageous. Make sure to bring your appetite.

Date of visit: August 2017