“Super friendly owners and delicious food, but a little pricey!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Babyback's Rib Shack
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Grain Valley
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Oak Grove, Missouri
“Super friendly owners and delicious food, but a little pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

First off, let me state you have to like your BBQ sweet if you wanna eat Babyback's Rib Shack! My husband and I absolutely do! Our first visit we both had pulled pork sandwiches. I had a side of potato salad, my husband had a side of beans. There was so much meat on our buns it was falling off the sides, so I'm not sure what happened during Sweepea's visit, but that's not what we usually see. Not only have we always received decent portions, but the meat is always fall apart tender, juicy and deeeelicious. You can tell in the flavor of their meat and sauce that they use some unique ingredients for BBQ (we swear we taste nutmeg, allspice or something of the like), but we greatly enjoy the way it compliments the smokiness of the meat. While I think the meat portions are decent sized I do think the sides are rather small for their price, and some of the pricing on their meat selections does seem a little steep for the portions you get, especially when they don't offer any kind of combo deals for sandwiches anymore (that was disappointing). The owners have always been the people who take my order at the counter and they are always friendly and gracious. They have recently moved to a location in Oak Grove which I hope will last for them because they're so freaking good (they do have a few kinks to work out at the new location, but it's JUST opened so what should we expect? lol) . Our latest visit was at the OG location so I've marked that as "when we visited". :)

• Visited June 2014

Missouri
“WHERE'S THE BEEF”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Ordered my mother small pulled pork & fries, cost $8.89, it looked like it came off the childs menu. We ordered two large, one brisket one pulled pork sandwiches, two fries, & an order of onion rings, cost $25.83. There might have been 4 oz. of meat on it. The brisket had a different after taste, the pulled pork wasn't bad if you like you sauce sweet. But don't worry they only give you a thimble full of extra sauce. They are noted for their ribs, but they cost $21.95 for BABYBACKS. We will stick to Zardas or Summit BBQ.

• Visited December 2013