“An Original Gem of BBQ - Gladstone's Best Smokehouse BBQ”
Review of Smokehouse BBQ

Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Gladstone
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Go for the baked beans (they are thee best)! The brisket and burnt end sandwiches are top notch for lunch (you should get the cheesy corn too). For dinner, enjoy the delectable bbq ribs! The inside is old school - maybe needs a remodel but it seems like a classic steakhouse/barbecue joint look to me.

Ask for the spicy barbecue sauce on the side. I can't get enough of it :)

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

The beef burnt ends are tough and the slice beef. Manger stayed she would come check if I liked the sliced bed and never bother to come back and check with me. Do not waste your time or your money

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I love Smokehouse BBQ the Gladstone restaurant is the original and it is showing its age as far as decor but the food is fantastic. I usually get an order of beans to take home so that we can have some the next day :). They also have a new location in the Zona Rosa shopping complex which is new and has better decor. The food there is also fantastic. I just go to whichever is close by depending on where I am and have always enjoyed the bbq.

If you have never tried it you must. The ribs, the crispy sandwich, and the burnt end platter are my faves :)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I made a special point of going to this BBQ place yesterday since we were in that area. We consider it a reward to ourselves for working hard. The meal was excellent - I had the "Crispy," which is shredded beef on a sesame seed bun. With slaw and fries, it is only $9.25. My wife had a salad and turkey sandwich, which was also excellent. The server was friendly and knowledgeable. I happy to give her a big tip.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We used to live in Kansas City, and this was our favorite BBQ place. It has lost a step. The service was fine. I ordered the Gladstoner, and turkey was very dry. The beans hardly had any burnt ends. The decor has never been glamourous, but the food has always been fantastic. This time it was a letdown for this KC BBQ starved couple.