“Good but not what it once was”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokehouse BBQ

Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Gladstone
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good but not what it once was”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have eaten at the North oak location and the Zona Rosa location many times. It use be top notch,
and would rival Jack's stack. but the last few times I have been in not so much. the BBQ was overcooked, same for the beans, anybody can do french fries. and the decor in the North oak location is really starting to show it's age. I had to get 3 different chairs before I realized they all sagged at the bottom and really needed replacement. Please give this thing a facelift, and hire the old cook or whatever.

• Visited April 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Pork Ribs in KC”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The pork ribs are incredible, I prefer the short end. The Gladstoner sandwich is very good...I had it with both smoked turkey and beef brisket. Plank fries are really good and beans are very tasty and somewhat spicy (a good thing).

Visited April 2013
“This is what Kansas City BBQ is to me”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

As my late father-in-law used to tell his wife, "Sherry, I hear the Smokehouse calling my name." Every time I visit Kansas City, we go to the Smokehouse. I've worked my way through the menu for the last two decades and have never been disappointed. The Crispy - a chopped burnt end sandwich, is my most recent favorite. The coleslaw and fries are always good. The service is friendly and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
Missouri
“Smokehouse has consistently good food.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We enjoy Smokehouse BBQ but you must get it to go since they allow smoking in the restaurant. The food is excellent-beek, ham and turkey are all favorites. Their burnt ends are good but not consistently so. We absolutely love their baked beans. They beat any restaurant in the city hands down. Sometimes we order the beans for a family occasion even if we aren't serving BBQ. Nice, locally owned restaurant. If they did not allow smoking they would get more of my business and respect.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank stepford wife
Southfield, Michigan
“not cheap, but consistently good food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were visiting from out of town and made our typical stop here for lunch. Our table (a party of 9) ordered from all over the menu and everything was good. The shrimp Caeser salad was HUGE; the brunt end appetizer was puny (6 little bits of meat and 3 pickles + bread); the burnt ends were a little fattier than usual; one was rock hard and COULD NOT be cut with a knife (Being a beef jerky fan, I tried it anyway and managed to chew it down, but it took awhile).

Not cheap, but satisfing. Good waitstaff. I have never eaten dessert here, but the desserts look fabulous.

• Visited April 2013