“Great food and service as well”

Cardwell's At The Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Frontenac
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We so enjoyed our lunch at this restaurant. I ordered their special of the day which was a fried oyster sandwich with coleslaw for $14.00. The four large oysters had little batter and were delicious. A twist to this sandwich was Boar's Head bacon which really added flavor. I didn't care for the spices in the coleslaw. We also ordered the calamari appetizer for $12 and it had light batter. My daughter enjoyed her crab cakes and thought they were flavorful. We had great service. The restaurant was almost full on a Saturday noon. I would definitely return.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The food has always been good and fresh. However, this time around, the salad was wilted and had to have been pre-made and stored on the salad plate in the refrigerator. The service wasn't the best and the coffee barely warm. While the menu offers very different items, more often than not, they tend to be the same specials. Not nearly as good as it once was and probably living off its past. Love the atmosphere and the bar.

1  Thank JimG842
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went and had the mid day menu. It didn't seem to be a very inspired menu, but every item we ordered was excellent.
We had a Mediterranean platter for a starter that was very good and filling. I had a veggie sandwich that I didn't I ten to finish but did because it was very good. My wife had stir fry and magical macaroni and cheese. There was nothing to dismiss about the experience. We look forward to going back!

1  Thank zomzie
Reviewed January 1, 2014

While the food here has always been very dependably consistent and good, service can range from inattentive to fantastic. Manager Laura is a bright spot.

2  Thank Bob D
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Been coming here often for years, never disappointed. Everything is excellent every time. Can't say that for anywhere else I've been, even the late Charlie Trotters.. The menu stalwarts are deserving of their long tenure, plus there are 3-4 specials always.. Seafood specials are especially good. Bar is top notch and the wine list is excellent. Yes it is a "power lunch" (and dinner) place, but don't be put off by that. It's classy but not pretentious; there's a big difference between the two, and Bill Cardwell knows the difference.

1  Thank David C