“Nice”

Cardwell's At The Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Frontenac
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Chinese barbecue chicken salad is the best. Could eat that everyday. Most of the wait staff are ok, a few exceptions that are great. Hostess/manager is brilliant in her job.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Last evening four of my friends and I headed to Cardwell's. It's always been one of our favorite go to places after a movie. I called ahead for reservations and what a pleasant surprise when I spelled my last name to the lovely woman on the phone and she replied, "Oh is this Michelle?" meaning that they track their reservations made by return customers. I thought what a nice personal touch. We had a great table. It was a little busy when we arrived and one of the managers came over to our table with water and told us that our server would be with us in a minute. Once our server "Josh" got to our table the night just got better. If Cardwell's could clone a server that best represents their restaurant Josh should be their man. He was personable, fun and efficient. We try to time things so we make it in time to order "happy hour" prices. We've been to other restaurants for their "happy hours" and the waiters basically forget about you because they think that their tips won't be worth the service due to the bill not being full price. Also we have noticed that when a table of middle aged women go to a restaurant the service isn't what it would be if we were a table of men. Why? We believe that there are probably many women out there that do not know how to tip or are basically cheap. However what some of these servers don't realize is that when a middle aged woman gets excellent service she is at an age where she has the money to tip well and if she has any class whatsoever she will and does. The food at Cardwell's is always excellent. In all the years I have been going to that restaurant I have NEVER had a bad meal. It's hot, it looks lovely on the plate and most importantly it's delicious. We were so happy with Josh we asked him to call over his manager. Kris (his manager) came over and was expecting a complaint, when we told him we wanted to commend Josh on his excellent service Kris smiled. He told us that when people want to speak with a manager it's usually about a problem and that he was thrilled we wanted to say good things.
The next time you are in Plaza Frontenac give yourself a treat and stop in Cardwell's for a drink or food you will not be disappointed. You may want to ask for "Josh" too. Trust me, your service will be more than you've ever experienced before and then some.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I lived in Saint Louis for a couple of years while I was a resident at Saint Louis and I am now a part time faculty member at Saint Louis University. We drive down from Chicago area every 6 weeks to teach for the day and see patients in the clinic. This is BY FAR our favorite restaurant in Saint Louis!!!! The smoked shrimp appetizer is the best shrimp I have ever had in my life!!!!! All the entrees are fresh and are perfectly prepared. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant!!! We like to sit in the bar area so we can watch some sporting action on TV too whcih is nice. We stay at the Frontenac Hilton across the street. If you stay there make sure that you stay in the main building-- the building where the lobby is located. They have other out buildings with rooms but they are run down. It was sad that they removed all the bath tubs from the main building a few years ago and they only have showers now but it is still a great hotel as long as you demand the main building. Ask for the concierge level for the absolute best rooms.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Be sure to make reservations because this is a popular spot. Great food and interesting dishes too. Service is excellent. I have eaten here many times and it continues to be a favorite.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

for the price i will consider Ruth chris but overall if you cant swing Ruth you should try here. Great service and great food.