New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice Dining” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cardwell's At The Plaza

Cardwell's At The Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Frontenac
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
“Nice Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cardwell's is a St. Louis institution. The ambiance is lovely and the food excellent. While pricey, it is a nice spot to meet friends. Outdoor dining is also available.

Visited July 2012

“Nice venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to Cardwell's for dinner and private events, and enjoyed the food, drinks and the ambience on each occasion.

Visited June 2012
Columbus OH
“Enjoyable dinner, excellent menu selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in St Louis for the evening, and needed a place to eat close to my hotel (the Frontenac Hilton). A client recommended Cardwell's, which is literally just across the street. The menu appeared to be printed daily (it was dated at the bottom) and while I usually struggle to find tempting items on restaurant menus, particularly places specializing in “American Cuisine,” but everything looked delicious. My co-worker and I shared the lobster ravioli and the cider brined pork chop, both of which were delicious. Service was prompt and pleasant. While not inexpensive, the items were a good value - quite large with huge chunks of lobster in the ravioli, etc. The only thing I could find even moderately find fault with was the bread service. A bit boring and dry, but that is stretching to find fault. Overall it was a great meal and I highly recommend!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank saranryan
“very busy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sundays are even busy. but still great service, great food and can't wait to go back when it warms up a bit. but not as busy as Saturday's i think.

Visited August 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Best Salmon I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our group at work just had our Holiday lunch at Cardwell's. I ordered the Salmon special of the day, and I believe I had the best salmon that I have ever had. It was just lightly crisped on the outside and very tender inside - perfect! It was served with red wine risotto and picture perfect carrots, both were excellent as well. Everybody in our group was very happy with their selection, from pasta to club sandwich to stir fry. Something for everybody.
The wait staff was perfect. Our waiter recommended calamari to start, and it was there in less than 5 minutes, even though the place was filled. I would recommend reservations.
If we did not have to go back to work, the day would have been perfect to walk out into the mall and finish our Christmas shopping. The mall is beautiful at Christmastime. And, just like Cardwell's, Something for Everybody!

• Visited December 2012