“Enjoyable dinner, excellent menu selections”

Cardwell's At The Plaza
Reserve with OpenTable
Cardwell's At The Plaza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Frontenac
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clayton Road
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in St Louis for the evening, and needed a place to eat close to my hotel (the Frontenac Hilton). A client recommended Cardwell's, which is literally just across the street. The menu appeared to be printed daily (it was dated at the bottom) and while I usually struggle to find tempting items on restaurant menus, particularly places specializing in “American Cuisine,” but everything looked delicious. My co-worker and I shared the lobster ravioli and the cider brined pork chop, both of which were delicious. Service was prompt and pleasant. While not inexpensive, the items were a good value - quite large with huge chunks of lobster in the ravioli, etc. The only thing I could find even moderately find fault with was the bread service. A bit boring and dry, but that is stretching to find fault. Overall it was a great meal and I highly recommend!

1  Thank saranryan

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sundays are even busy. but still great service, great food and can't wait to go back when it warms up a bit. but not as busy as Saturday's i think.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our group at work just had our Holiday lunch at Cardwell's. I ordered the Salmon special of the day, and I believe I had the best salmon that I have ever had. It was just lightly crisped on the outside and very tender inside - perfect! It was served with red wine risotto and picture perfect carrots, both were excellent as well. Everybody in our group was very happy with their selection, from pasta to club sandwich to stir fry. Something for everybody.
The wait staff was perfect. Our waiter recommended calamari to start, and it was there in less than 5 minutes, even though the place was filled. I would recommend reservations.
If we did not have to go back to work, the day would have been perfect to walk out into the mall and finish our Christmas shopping. The mall is beautiful at Christmastime. And, just like Cardwell's, Something for Everybody!

1  Thank skbroth
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We go every year during our traditional family shopping day at Plaza Frontenac. They have their regulars and the food is very good. Drinks are good and the wait staff is very genial. A reservation is a must as this place is hopping with ages young and old.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Went here with a large party for a birthday. We reserved a room which was ready for us but on the smaller side. The food was amazing- they do fish particularly well. Dessert was rich and dangerously delicious. It's pricy but worth the amazing food for special occasion. The atmosphere is classy and slightly upscale but I felt fine in jeans. Service was ok. A bit slow but all orders were brought out quickly. Portions are large so I recommend splitting an order if you get an entree.