“What A Great Find!”

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Just spent 2 nights here for our anniversary weekend and I was pleasantly surprised.

The Hilton resembles a classic old-time hotel, with large staircases, giant chandeliers, and a vintage feel. But nothing about the place is "old" or "dirty" in any way shape or form. Everything is spotless, from the lobby to the rooms to the bathrooms to the restaurant. Our king size room was HUGE--way bigger than 99% of the rooms you get nowadays. And the beds were heavenly. Also loved the stand up shower--no tub!

One great thing was the hotel was sooooo quiet. No kids screaming, no drunks roaming the halls at 2 am, just a nice quiet atmosphere. I almost felt guily for not whispering in the hallways!

Great location too, right off Highway 64 with the high-end shopping and dining at the Plaza Frontenac across the street and the more middle-of-the-road St Louis Galleria only about 10 minutes down Clayton Blvd. Plus you can catch the Metro nearby and take it downtown (we did this for a concert--an easy way to travel!).

Everything about this hotel impressed me. The breakfasts were wonderful and the people friendly and accomodating at every turn. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jbird5150

Reviewed June 17, 2007

Stayed at the Hilton for one night over memorial weekend. As hilton honors diamond, received upgrade to concierge floor and thought the room was very nice. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, very "high end" feel. The lounge was small, but nice. Paid around $100, would definitely stay again at that price.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 24, 2007

This was my first time staying at this property. We chose it primarily for location. Stayed there 3 nights. Property is an older one that looks like it's been added onto several times. You just about need to drop breadcrumbs to find your way to and from the front desk and restaurant. if you're in one of the remote building rooms, which we were. The room was an interior room, meaning there were no windows other than a window facing the hallway, which had no windows either. So, no natural light, more like a cave. And not enough lamps in the room, so it had a dark vibe the whole time. Room furnishings seemed recently redone, nice linens, but the lack of light was the most noticeable factor about the room.

The tub/shower is elevated with a step. Step is slippery, no handrail.

Exterior building door was in serious need of adjustment, banged shut very loudly every time it was used, which was often.

At one point, I needed to use the business center. I was unable to find it as the hotel property map was not accurate. Eventually, the front desk clerk directed me to it. But it had only 2 computers, both in use, and the printer was not separate, so I could not get my boarding pass which I had tried to print remotely from my room. The front desk clerk eventually printed it for me.

Hotel restaurant was a pleasant experience. Good food, nice servers.

If anyone is planning on staying here, I'd advise asking for a room that is nowhere near any of the banquet/meeting rooms. We were right down the hall and were awakened by really loud partying at 2 am in the hallway by people on their way to or from a reception.

In the future, I'll drive a bit farther rather than stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank mpl1853
Reviewed April 19, 2007

On a recent business trip I found the staff very accomodating, at both check-in and check-out. I had requested the concierge floor but no room was available; as a Hilton Honors member I was able to use the wonderful concierge lounge. Staff there was just amazing -- really a cut above! When I needed an unusually late check out, staff was friendly helpful. The layout of this hotel is a bit strange. There are two small steps to the building that housed my comfortable room, and the unusually well-equipped gym. My room had a very good bed and a desk that was useful for work.

3  Thank ariana
Reviewed April 12, 2007

I spent four nights at this property last week. I stayed in a building with covered parking beneath that was detached from the main building. The excellent fitness center and barber shop are located in the building my suite was in.. This building was very quiet and had a spacious open area on the third floor that was a particularly pleasant place to relax and read.
The suite I stayed in was large and well appointed with a comfortable bed and nicely maintained bathroom.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The business area just off the lobby had two terminals with printers and was perfect for my needs.
The property itself rambles with various buildings,hallways,banquet rooms,meeting rooms,etc. I would think that might put off some people but I found that I liked the variety that this property offers.
I stayed at this location to be near a friend who lives nearby. I did not have a car. The hotel does have a complimentary airport shuttle but it started at 7:00 A.M. on the Sunday I departed so the front desk arranged to have a driver take me directly to STL that morning so I could catch an early flight home. I thought that the fee of $28 was quite reasonable for this service.
As noted by previous reviewers, the upscale Plaza Fontenac is just across the street and Brio(Tuscan) and Fleming's(steaks) are located just in front of the mall. There is a bus stop at the mall that allows you to connect to the MetroLink.
I think this unique property is a good value if you want to stay in a suburban location and want easy access by car to St. Louis.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank MobileResident
Reviewed November 23, 2006

Stayed here for a business trip and it was one of the nicest hotels I've been at for a business trip. Reasonably priced, stay on executive floor gives you free breakfast, low priced drinks in the evening and dessert and coffee in the evening in private lounge. Rooms are spacious and clean. Not near downtown or the river so may be a bit inconvenient for tourists. Hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport and had a very nice driver.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank WidenerSings
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Recently stayed at this hotel as I was in town on a family matter and my father was having his reunion here. This hotel seems to have a lot going on at the same time as far as meetings, events, etc.

Check-in
Easy and accomodating. I asked for a room away from the elevator and got it. I was on the conceirge level, as that is all that was left when my father booked the room.

Room
I can only speak for rooms on the 3rd floor level, conceirge, as that is where I stayed. As you walk in there is a nice sized bathroom with updgraded Crabtree and Evelyn amenities. The shower has lots of nice soft towels as well as good shower pressure and temperature. The closet had a good supply of hangers.

The bed was very nice, however I didn't like the duvet. It was a bit too heavy for me and ended up taking it off. They only give you feather pillows, so you'll need to request foam. I slept decently in the bed, althought there was a bit of noise from the traffic outside. The hotel is so big that you may want to ask to stay away from the side facing Lindburgh. My room faced the Schnucks and there were a bit of trucks, even in the early morning hours.

The TV had a wide range of channels. There was a lot of space in the drawers. Alarm clock was easy to set however I did sleep a good 11 minutes through it (volume might be an issue, or maybe I was just exhausted)? They did give you a robe, which I didn't make use of. There was water in the room, but I wasn't sure if it was free?

Other
The concierge floor was great! For breakfast they had fruit, bagels, muffins, bread, tea, juice drinks, etc. During the day you could sneak in and get some water or something else to drink. In the evenings the receptions had cheese, fruit and usually a hot appetizer. Later in the evening they had a tray of smaller desserts. Also a computer and printer, which I used often. A very nice service and worth the extra cost.

I wasn't able to take a look at the pool, restaurants on property or the fitness center.

Overall, if you are looking for a nice stay, or getaway, this is a great hotel. I would suggest staying in a room in the back part of the hotel, not facing Lindburgh, as the traffic noise can be a bit much.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank RedHeadGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 122 in Saint Louis
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!