“Close to Highway 64/40 and shopping” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Close to Highway 64/40 and shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Easy to get to from Highways 64/40. This is an older hotel that has been kept up well. My room was very small and dark. Strange room layout, small window tucked behind a closet. Bathroom has a tub/shower combo. Having said that, the room was spotless, the bed extremely comfortable. Everything in the room in great shape. My room rate included the buffet breakfast. The breakfast was average. For the $14.95 price I could have done much better at a nearby restaurant. I did have a problem with the in room safe. Once locked, it couldn't be opened. Security staff tried to fix it, but couldn't during my stay. The hotel is within walking distance to an upscale mall, Plaza Frontenac with restaurants and movie theaters. The hotel has an outdoor pool. The hotel staff was helpful. If you're passing through the St. Louis area, this is a good hotel for the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed first as a family location for my grandson and thought, I'd like a return and a year later I did for business and professional reasons. Great for business and great for being a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is two buildings - the main building and the annex. My room was in the annex, so I had to walk outside the main building to the annex, then search for the elevator, which I couldn't find, walk upstairs and search for my room. Overall not a huge deal, but it took forever to get from front desk to room, and this would be a problem for someone older. The two-building arrangement and the floor plans in the two buildings are unorthodox, to say the least.

The public areas and my room were tired, old, carpet needs replacement, but generally clean. My room was quiet and dark with curtains drawn, and I slept well. The gym was quite nice, well-equipped. "Old" is not bad at all in my view, but "tired" is bad. The hotel needs an overhaul.

The staff was efficient and pleasant, but I expect that in a Hilton. I suggest discounting the reviews that focus primarily or entirely on the staff. This place is OK, but I have to believe there are nicer hotels at comparable prices in St. Louis.

Room Tip: General suggestion: ask for a quiet room with a nice view. My room overlooked a parking lot and not...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is located in the center of St. Louis County in a very nice neighborhood, across from a high quality food store and near very high quality shopping. The hotel compliments its location by being staffed by very friendly people and they try to be accommodating to guests. I checked in early and on that day, it was not an issue for the hotel at all. I was given a comfortable room with an excellent bed. This hotel is extremely well maintained and while my bathroom was on the small side, it was well appointed and comfortable. I felt that the hotel was safe and well managed.

Of course, the most important thing about staying at a hotel for me is the bed and the quality of sleep - I slept well and the bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers and family visits alike. The restaurant is very good. The morning breakfast worked out well for me. Parking is near the room and free. When you need to be in the area, this is a good hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice hotel. I want to stay again. Every staff were very kind. I am deeply grateful to the every staff in St. Louis Hilton. Room was clean and quite. Very convenient place, because of a grocery shop and mall were nearby (5 minutes walk).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MetroDetroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Extremely helpful staff, wonderful breakfast wait staff as well. Although older, room was ample and comfortable. Located walking distance to fine dining and upscale mall, movies. Slept very well here. Well located immediately off the freeway.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is an old worn out property but would be acceptable except I was ripped off by the houskeeping staff. Had prescription drugs stolen and got ABSOLUTELY NO HELP from Management. "Well we asked her and she didn't take it "- go file a police report if you have a problem with that. I am a Hilton Honors member, although I usually stay at Marriott properties. Will never stay at this hotel again and will avoid Hilton in the future out of principle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lame54
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you commented on during your recent visit. We take all matters such as yours with a high degree of concern and follow up. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with what we provided to help remedy the situation. Security of our guests is a top priority, and I will continue to ensure our staff provides top tier service and safety to all our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
The Cheshire
#33 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!