“Very comfortable”

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Frontenac in St. Louis for a business trip, the hotel is very charming and incredibly spacious. The room I stayed in was enormous, the bed was also huge and I felt the room was very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was lovely as was the huge walk in shower.

We had access to the executive room upstairs on the third floor, and although breakfast was part of the package, I am not sure the deal for the executive room was worth it. You have to pay for your own alcohol, and breakfast was just toast or cereal. But this was a nice area to escape and unwind after a long business day.

Opposite the hotel is a small supermarket, to the side of the hotel is large shopping mall and there are many restaurants to choose from around the Hotel depending on your taste. The Hilton Frontenac is lovely hotel, situated in a clean and safe area of St. Louis but I would be skeptical to stay here if you are not driving. There is NO public transport near by so you must either drive everywhere or get a taxi.

Room Tip: Opposite the hotel is a place called Schneithorst's, you cant miss it, its a large Barn German l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This chandeliered, grand staircase-lobbied place struck me as a bit over-the-top for a night spent beside the Interstate. And despite all that overhead it DIDN'T have what I really wanted, which was a hotel store where I could buy some toilet items and a few St. Louis postcards. Nevertheless, my room was spacious and comfortable, although, since it was located along an interior hallway it had no window to the outside. (Normally, I prefer to be awakened by natural light.) The Hilton-priced buffet breakfast was exceptionally tasty and supervised by an overtly friendly staff.

For a single overnight the Frontenac was a fine, economical choice. For a longer stay it would probably get on my nerves.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with outdoor light, you may have to ask for it specifically.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been staying at this wonderful hotel for 9 years, several times a year, and often for a week at a time. Our daughter is a Shriner Hopital patient, and the location of the Hilton is so close and convenient. We love the Concierge floors (2nd and 3rd Floors) and we always stay on those floors. The concierge staff are amazing and they know us and greet us by name when we are there. Love the continental breakfast and evening hors d'ouevres and drinks provided every day.

It's also lovely being in the most beautiful part of the city, but being so close to other activities.

Love the beds and rooms. They recently underwent a bathroom remodel and the remodels are lovely.

I highly recommend this property! It's the only place in St. Louis we'll ever stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's a good area and hotel that is nice, clean and hospitable. A great staff and very helpful.the breakfast was soo good along with the great staff they employ. We have to have an ADA room and due to no roll in shower they are able to supply an update shower bench, we even purchased the same kind when we returned home. We enjoy being outside of the city limits and able to take the freeway wherever we need to go!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

WHat a great place to spend a weekend!
The facilities and the room decor are just perfect or just what you would expect to find at a HILTON.
There were many events that insreased the pleasure of or stay and everyone was created buy the staff.
Breakfast was always an even with conversations and laughter with the staff.
House Keeping and the lobby staff always when out of their way to make this stay one to remember.
We'll be back to enjoy more of the "HILTON EXPERIENCE"
Jim Bovier

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff I want to thank you for your comments regarding the service levels that you were provided during Valentine's Week. I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate departments and recognize the outstanding work by all. We thank you for choosing the Hilton St. Louis Frontenac and look forward to serving you again on your next return visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stay here about once a year and I would rate this as an acceptable Hilton property. I think it's interesting that TA has this rated #1 of 1 in Frontenac when this is really a St. Louis hotel. I would probably rate it average for all the hotel choices in St. Louis. It's got the Hilton brand going for it, which means you are going to get a clean room with decent furnishings at a good price. But this property is laid out weird. There are multiple buildings which means that if you want to work out at the fitness center you must go to another building. That being said, the fitness center is one of the BEST I have seen at a Hilton property. I hope that the update the carpet soon, it is starting to show it's wear. Check in was a breeze thanks for making that part of my stay pain free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank twb311
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and taking the time to mention our staff and our facility. We pride ourselves on our service levels and our customer service scores. We have recently renovated all bathrooms at our property and will soon be addressing specific areas as well for renovation as you mentioned. Thank you for choosing our property while in St. Louis and recognizing the quality of our health club as well.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Hilton is a 1970s or 80s vintage hotel, unfortunately with pre-Americans Disabilities Act doorways that -barely- permitted passage of a wheelchair. Very clean and beautiful. Bed very comfortable, typical amenities, free internet. The shower in my room had all glass walls, but no bathtub. I can't recall the last time a hotel I stayed in didn't have a tub. A wedding discount rate was provided for family members.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I want to apologize if an ADA room was not available for you to book upon making reservations. I want to assure you that all of our ADA rooms have tubs with the exception of our roll in showers which accomodate wheel chairs if needed for that purpose and meet all current guidelines. I wish we had the opportunity while you were here to try and accomodae you in a room that was more satisfactory for you. We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and hope you had an enjoyable time visiting family during the wedding.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!