“Terrible service at front desk” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible service at front desk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel itself is nice and well-kept. The people at the front desk, however, were not only unhelpful, but actually actively foiled my attempts to get where I was going. Long story short, they told me how to book a ride on the shuttle, I did everything they said and checked in with them twice to guarantee that I was booked and would get where I needed to be (I was being polite throughout, but persistent because I had a feeling that something strange was up). At the appointed time, 4pm, the driver of the shuttle told me he had not been informed that he would be driving me. I checked again with the staff at the desk and they said "oh yeah, we had to cancel your ride." That was it. No explanation. No apology. No nothing. So I hitch-hiked to the wedding I was attending. Their behavior was so strange that I would almost believe that they were under the thumb of an oppressive manager or something like that. They looked harried, tired, even a little afraid. Very strange. The next day at check out the same gentleman at the desk asked how everything was and I said fine, except for this experience. He tried to blame it on me by saying I had probably not called earlier enough. That was not true, but I was tired of the whole thing so I just left. So, nice environment, but terribly unreliable and bizzarre service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
springfield, mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The staff was exceptionally helpful, especially reservations, and front desk.It is a good safe environment with restaurant and bar most convenient. It is quite convenient to Plaza Frontenac mall. Parking is extremely good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having stayed at a wonderfully renovated older Hilton property last weekend, the contrast between it and the Frontenac location is like night and day. The stay began with checkin by a lackluster dull personality kid at the front desk. The hotel property is old and sagging and in dire need of a facelift. While there is a stately graciousness to the general architecture & the rooms are very spacious, they are noisy and desperately in need of new linens and draperies. The settee had huge stains on it as did the curtains. The hairdryer shelf in the bathroom was full of dust. I chose the Executive "floor" for the ease of access for nibblies and breakfast. It was pretty disappointing. Basically a room key gives you access to a room that is called the Executive Lounge. There is no specific floor of rooms that allows select people access. The snack and breakfast offerings were disappointing. Better breakfasts can be enjoyed on the Hampton properties. Would probably not stay here again until a facelift is done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kauten
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent visit at our hotel. I am very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and you can be assured that I have addressed your concerns with the staff. Your feedback has been useful and we will monitor and improve the areas that you have brought to our attention. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you on your return visit to St. Louis.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've just returned from a 5 day conference which was held at this hotel. It was clean and comfortable and located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants but the most impressive thing about it was the service.The staff was friendly, efficient and met all our many demands with smiles. Special kudos the to the food servers who dealt with large tables of people with good humor and our requests for separate checks without blinking an eye. One even remembered what we had ordered for breakfast the day before and how we liked our eggs.
This hotel went above and beyond to provide a great business meeting. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our property. We truly enjoyed having your conference at the Hilton Frontenac and certainly appreciate the time taken to recognize our staff. We strive to make every experience a positive one and I am glad that the service levels that they provided to you and your group were memorable.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. First off, if you are coming through, make sure you stay somewhere in West St. Louis, MO side of the river. The hotel is a bit of an odd setup, it's obviously a very old building, but it is in good shape. I can't tell if the hotel needs a major makeover or touchup. Some things look dated, but everything is still clean and in very good condition. There's a bar & restaurant there too. Also, breakfast was very good. We had no issues staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I flew in for a business meeting and had a pleasant stay. The staff was warm and courteous. The room was clean and well-appointed. The room service breakfast was pretty greasy but that might just be a normal occurrence. (I prefer light healthy fare). Great value. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and room appointments. As you mentioned that you prefer a lighter fair for your breakfast, I wanted to ensure you were aware that all meals can be made with healhy choice options. I must apologize if you were not offered to substitute a certain item for a freshly made low calorie bran muffin or fresh fruit.
We appreciate your comments and certainly look forward to serving you again on your next visit to St. louis.
Ardmore, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here for the last 3 days for a combination business/honeymoon trip and I have got to say it is a beautiful hotel.

The room: is nice sized and has a very open feel to it, though personally, the color scheme is kind of bland. The bed is a lot softer then what I am used to but it is comfortable. The bathtub/shower is kind of short and the water pressure sucks.

The Staff: I have nothing but nice things to say about the staff I have come across. The women that cleaned our room was very sweet, the desk clerks were all very helpful in answering our questions. The staff for the restaurants are also very kind, the gentlemen that waited on us last night was very flamboyant and always had a smile on his face, I was feeling sick and had to leave and the man sent up soup and crackers with my husband. I was just floored about that and sincerely grateful for the generosity.

Room service: The food is great but it is expensive for the portions you get. A small glass of juice was nearly 4 dollars.

Location: The hotel is about 30 minutes away from anything someone may want to see while in St Louis and there are several restaurants that are in walking distance if they feel like eating somewhere other then in the restaurants in the hotel.

All in all we have loved our stay so far.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit and your kind words regarding the service provided by our staff and the gesture of our server in the restaurant. I will ensure he is made aware of the impression he left on you for his "wow" moment. Because of your comments we have also replaced the shower head in your room to help with the pressure. We certainly wish we could have done it while you were on property. Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to celebrate your one year anniversary and make it another fond memory.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
The Chase Park Plaza
#30 of 121 in Saint Louis
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,046 reviews

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!