“pskate89”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Marion, Illinois
“pskate89”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was very nice and clean. There was a mix up with our reservations, we didnt recieve the room we had asked for but it was remedied. The front desk was very helpful. What made me absolutely dislike this particular hotel was the house keeping. They were very rude. We came back early from our sight seeing trip to find house keeping changing our linens, after they had left on of the girls came back to say she had left her phone in the room. She had taken it upon herself to use our phone chargers. On the day of check out they stared knocking on our door at 9 am and continued every 15 min to try and enter the room. I placed the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. They opened the door and threw it back in. It finally took a call to the front desk to get them to give us time to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your recent stay. I am very glad you took the time to comment on the cleanliness of your room and the helpfulness of the front desk staff. I must apologize for the actions that you described concerning a member of the staff as this is not the standards we are known for. I truly apologize for how this was handled. You can be assured that we will address your comments and this action swiftly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Midlothan, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hilton while on St. Louis for my granddaughter's first birthday. It was a real treat! Convenient to Kirkwood Mo, some nice restaurants (Brio Tuscan Grille and Flemings steak house), and a shopping mall with upscale stores - all within walking distance. Although we didn't get an opportunity to use it, the pool area looked inviting with plenty of chairs and umbrella tables. Grill and restaurant on site for breakfast, dinner or room service.

Perfect location for a wedding, reception, party or meeting.

The room was very spacious and kept immaculate. Gorgeous classic furnishings in room and lobby areas. Front desk staff very helpful and customer focused. You didn't have to dodge the cleaning carts in the hallways. Got a free shuttle to the airport as well. And all this under $100/night! I will definitely be back !!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write fabulous comments regarding your recent visit. We certainly appreciate your details and time taken. We hope we are able to celebrate your granddaughter's birthday again and as you mentioned maybe even her wedding. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Springfield, MO
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is compromised of a few different buildings. The executive lounge is the top floor of the main building. However, the nicest rooms are in the suites/jr. suites in the building behind the main building that faces Clayton Road. Those rooms are incredible!

I have stayed at this hotel 5 different times over the last few years. I have been in the small motel type rooms flanking the wing of the hotel. I would not recommend these rooms at all...especially if you are a female staying alone. The rooms in the main hotel are very large and nice. Then the best are the suites in the other building.

The lobby is old school decorated. The lounge is large. I have not eaten there, but have had my fair share of drinks. The executive lounge is better than many I have been in. It is an honor bar system. My only complaint is the last time we were there I had $28 bill from the honor bar for only 3 drinks. Not sure how that happened, but I did not have time to deal with it in the morning when I was leaving. I guess I bought some people some drinks.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the most exclusive mall in St. Louis. If you want to shop, that is the place to do it. There is also a grocery store across the street on the Lindbergh side and some other restaurants nearby. Hwy 64/40 is next to the hotel and I-44 is not far away either making this a good location. The Galleria is just down the road a few miles for a more mainstream mall and shopping area. There is also a metro stop where you can park and ride to many points downtown or to the Delmar area. The other bonus is no parking fee here! That seems to be unusual anymore for a Hilton chain.

Overall, this is one of my favorite hotels to stay in the area. It's not the newest/best hotel but has a unique charm all its own. I generally prefer downtown but it is not much of an issue to jump on the metro where I can still avoid having to find a place to park downtown.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a suite. If none available, ask for a room in the main building--not the build...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank reney313
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

From my previous experience I’ve learned that Hilton hotels across the world can have very different standards. This one was somewhere in the middle. Upon our arrival we were notified that there were a lot of dogs in the hotel because of on-going dog event. I am sure that this pet friendly attitude is greatly appreciated by pet lovers; however, for others the dog smell spread through corridors and the associated barking was a bit disturbing. The room was clean and fairly big and the bed was very comfortable. I was not impressed by the toasted bagel and coffee I had for breakfast – incomparable with the one I had in Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay. I truly understand how you felt and wish we could have placed you in another part of the hotel that was not so concentrated with the convention. The convention delegates were thrilled with the hotel however I must apologize that it was not up to your standards because of it. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to our area.
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We found the Hilton St. Louis Frontenac to be a very pleasant place to stay. The lobby was marvelous and the room was well appointed. Even though there was no fridge, we still managed to keep things cool by placing our drinks on top of the air conditioner. The bed was very soft and comfortable. I liked the option of checking out from our hotel room TV. The complimentary U.S. Today newspaper was a welcome bonus. The staff was very friendly and were able to recommend local eateries/restaurants when asked. Being at the intersection of Clayton and Lindbergh lent itself to easy access to all the points in town where we wanted to be.

Room Tip: Book your room directly through the hotel's website.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton in Frontenac because it was convenient to the restaurant we were going to in the city and didn't want to have to worry about driving home after drinking. The hotel itself is about 20 minutes outside the city in an upscale suburb of St. Louis and is conveniently located seconds off I-64. The hotel exterior is nice and well taken care of. The first thing we noticed was that there was an outdoor pool that was well taken care of and being utilized by the majority of the hotel guests. The hotel consists of a main unit and then several annexes. We stayed in a room in the main hotel.

The room was large and well taken care of. The hotel is clearly old, but it is very well taken care of. Our king bed room was larger than anything you can expect to find in the city and you don't pay the downtown prices. The bathroom was somewhat newly remodeled and nice, but the shower head could use an update. We liked the new Peter, Thomas, Roth bathroom amenities and the bathroom had a large dual vanity. The A/C worked very well and we were pushing it to the max because of the ridiculous temperatures outside. The bed was comfortable and we didn't experience any issues with noise from the hallway.

The only thing I can find to raise an issue with was the "executive floor lounge". We were given access as Hilton Diamond Members, but it left much to be desired. The evening reception foods were sparse and the hot foods were clearly sitting for a while. In the morning, the continental breakfast also left much to be desired and there was no coffee nor was there anyone monitoring the room while we were there. The items that they did have included boxed cereal, a few bagles, warm fruit, and packaged oatmeal; I can find better at the Hampton Inn brand hotel. Thus, my recommendation is that you do not pay for the "upgrade" to the executive floor for lounge access if you're considering it. What saved the 5 star rating for this hotel for us was the awesome shuttle driver (David) who took us to our dinner and picked us up and was both kind and professional.

Overall, a pretty great stay and we'd happily stay here again. The price was right and there was plenty of free parking for all the rooms at the hotel. Stay with confidence.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the Executive Floor Upgrade!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reflect upon your stay and giving the property a very favorable 5 rating. I apprecaite you bringing to our attention the lounge as this is not typical of the staffing levels and the variety of food and beverage offered and I apologize for this. It is because of your comments that we will be able to continue to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service.Your high praise and comments about David will not go unnoticed as he will be recognized for this. He is a true hospitality hero in our eyes. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Kenilworth, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

The lobby of the hotel features an ornate chandelier and dramatic staircase. The hotel is in great location with easy access to highway. Unfortunately, I stated in one if the external buildings which is only two floors but does not have an elevator I only had one bag but it was loaded. Friendly staff and very comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!