“A Gen in this Little Town”

La Galette Berrichonne
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Fordland
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I live nearby Fordland and found this place from a Facebook posts someone else shared and I'm very glad they did. The Saturday night 7 course meal is worth the visit as the food is exceptional. I have now been there twice with different people to celebrate a special event and the food and they way it's presented really did help make the event that much more special. The building itself is old and worn, but the food and exceptional. I'll be going again for sure. Also, it's BYOB, so take wine to enjoy with the great food.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed June 20, 2019

This would have been a good dining experience...in 1973. The service was fine. The pastries were amazing. The 5-course dinner, however, was mediocre and over-salted. I expected "fresh" food, and not even the salads were fresh. (We received shredded carrot salad circa 1973 potluck. Boring. Flavorless.) The cheese entree, in particular, was still frozen. The lobster thermidor was probably frozen prior to being heated, too, and was over-salted to the point of being inedible. I'd love to see this restaurant stay open for all of the people who actually like it, but if you are a foodie, skip it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

It was better than average but I wouldn’t call the overall experience very good. It was good. The food was decent, but the ambiance was lacking. It was an overall enjoyable experience but we likely won’t drive to Fordland again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2019

Although the weather was stormy, friends joined us for breakfast at what I thought was the most delightful place I have been to in a long time! It is not much to look at but the food and staff more than make up for that! INCROYABLE!!! The ham and cheese omelette with potatoes....FABULEUX! Seasoned to perfection! And the pastry!!! MAGNIFIQUE! Made my heart sing! My only disappointment is that we live 4 hours away. I look forward to visiting anytime we are in the area on a Friday/Saturday. To the Chef Merveilleux, Merci beaucoup!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2017

We have lived in Springfield for 22 years and have never been to this wonderful restaurant in Fordland. It was AMAZiNG! The food was incredible, the service was some of the best I've had and all of this in a little town 25 minutes from Springfield. We had a 6 course tasting menu and every course was SO good. I can't tell you which one I liked the best. I am not a seafood person and when they found this out, they brought a chicken dish to replace the seafood course. The chef came out and spoke to each table. This is a very low key, bring your own wine kind of place but the charm is in the service and the cooking. We will be back and we will make sure to tell everyone about it too. What a gem!!

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to La Galette Berrichonne? Share your experiences!