“Good Food; Reasonable Prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Deavers Restaurant and Sports Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went to Deavers the Friday night after Christmas. Was really surprised it was so busy and it was only 5:30 pm. The menu has a wide variety of options. Two of us had the special steak sandwich. The bun was lightly toasted and the steak had good flavor with grilled onions and green peppers. Another ordered the fish tacos which she really enjoyed. I had my eye on the fish tacos so that will be my choice for next time. The staff was very attentive bordering on "too attentive" asking if they can take our plates while we still had our mouth full! I'm all for turning tables, but at least give us a chance to finish eating. For sports fans, there are several TVs available for watching. It is obvious that this place has a neighborhood following as several people were greeting each other from different tables. Wide variety of ages from older to young and mostly families. Its nice to see a neighborhood restaurant/sports bar doing so well.

There are newer reviews for Deavers Restaurant and Sports Bar

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Lots of TV's and an outside patio with a TV to watch the games. The menu has something on it for everyone. You might be surprised but the Pizza is a thin crust St. Louis style pizza that is very good. Servers are fast and friendly. It does have a small game room for the kids but it is NO Chucky Cheese Pizza joint.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The staff is friendly and the food and drink good. The price of food a drink is what you would expect of a pub/sports bar. Overall, Deavers is a good place to watch a weekly sports game.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We like going to Deavers for many reasons...... during the day its nice and quiet...... great for couples or the whole family. Later on at night the place starts jumping and it turns into that "Hot Spot" where you meet your friends, buddies and co-workers.

They have a great set up for parties and the food is fantastic.

The staff busts their butts to wait on you..... no one is just sitting around.......

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have passed this local restaurant for years always saying, "we should stop in some day". It took a Groupon to finally get us there. That was four weeks ago. Since then we have been there 3 times! It has the decor of a sports bar (lots of televisions with ESPN on) but it also has a really nice family atmosphere. The food is outstanding. I'm not a big appetizer person but the first time we went we ordered the nachos because we had the Groupon. OMG! the plate (actually a platter) is huge! There's refried beans on the bottom, lots of crisp, almost nutty tasting corn tortilla chips topped with cheese sauce, beans, spiced beef, tomatoes, black olives, green onions and grated cheese. There are sides of sour cream and salsa and guacamole and jalapenos are optional. The huge serving is only $7.99. After sharing this, my husband and I could barely eat our sandwichs! His was a 1/2 pound made to order "Bleu Burger" topped with bleu cheese, bacon and sauteed onions, served with lettuce, tomato, onion and a pickle and served with a side choice of steak fries, waffle fries, tater tots,or onion rings. Mine was a French dip (I get mine without the swiss cheese) that was piled so high on french bread that I could hardly get it in my mouth! The au jus on the side was flavorful and nearly fat free. You can get opptional sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms for a slight additional charge. There was also the same side choice with this sandwich. My sandwich was also $7.99 and I took about 3/4 home and had 2 additional lunches! I can't wait to go pack and try the pizza! There's a very nice child's menu, daily spaecials and they have happy hour every day except Sunday. There's a really nice patio area that has very attractive outdoor heaters for chilly evenings. A really, really great place for singles, couples and families. I'm just sorry it took us so liond to 'discover' Deavers! The only negative was the 20 minute wait for a table on a Saturday night at 7:00 PM. But that's expected anywhere on a weekend.