“The Food Is Good”

Mattingly's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #51 of 154 Restaurants in Florissant
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 30, 2012

If one chooses to go past the front door and stay one eventually will notice the food is good. When doing research I made note of the salads, and my culinary companion had a Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch dressing while I got a Crispy Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard dressing. My salad's ingredients were nutritious along the lines of a Taco Salad, as opposed to what I was used to in other parts of the country, and, again, it was good. Our server was competent, coming up with a draft beer recommendation for my culinary companion that hit the spot.
The facility has a smoking section, and we were very close to that room's large entryway, and I came away with no ill effects either at the time, or later. The facility can easily accommodate several large groups (six to ten people) at a time. I saw at least two families with children who appeared to me to be under twelve. The front room has three very large flat screens and two of them were showing a professional football game. While the local professional baseball team was not then playing, there was a professional sports car race being shown nationally at that time, and management chose to show on the third large flat screen some sort of caged men's fighting competition.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

They have a good menu and good service. The food is very good and you can enjoy your favorite beverage. A good place to watch a sporting event. Good for groups and Happy Hour.

1  Thank Donald R
Reviewed December 30, 2011

mattinglys has great food , no matter what i get it is always good, it isnt anything fancy just a locol sports restaurant and bar, but the food is what people go there for

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The quality of "Mattingly Sports Bar and Grill" menu items are very good in addition to the prices. I visit most of Florissant Sports Bars and Mattingly has the best prices in town. Items such as a Patty Melt is $2.00 to $3.00 cheaper than others and the same for their wings. Great smoking area also.