“Ruiz”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at Ruiz for years. The food gets better with each visit. I have a new favorite called discada. It's very good and also filing. The margaritas are excellent.

2  Thank BDH2012

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Every time we go the portions are HUGE! It is so nice to get my monies worth for food these days. We are sure to get a great meal every time. This restaurant is one of St. Louis's best kept secrets.

2  Thank stacynjon
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It had been several years since I had eaten at Ruiz, I figured they had to be better. I was wrong. We arrived about 11:45 on a Wednesday. Only one server on duty and I don't think she wanted to be there. We waited for drinks, waited to give our food order, waited for the check. At least the food came out from the kitchen fairly quickly. I had the raspberry margarita and it was not so good. Way too sweet and an almost pudding like texture. My granddaughter had the cheese quesadillas they were barely heated through. I had a chicken tamal which was excellent and a bbq beef taco that was inedible due to being over fried. Husband had chicken enchiladas that were very good. Several tables of obvious "regulars" who received their food before we did, even though we had ordered ahead of them. Prices were reasonable. I don't think we will be returning. Cindy Price, Cuba, MO

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I have finally found the PERFECT Mexican restaurant! The service is great but the food is "T H E B E S T". You can not go wrong! Give it a try!! This is our new Mexican restaurant and they nail it every time! Very consistent with everything!

1  Thank matt c
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food is great traditional mexican food. We have lunch there often when we go to St. Louis (from Illinois). The afternoon waitress is excellent, the food is good and reasonably priced, atmosphere is cozy. Not saying anything about other waitresses there, only been in afternoon. The enchiladas are fabulous and anything with the Chili Colorada meet. With the pitchers of margaritas, you get a big bang for your buck.

1  Thank Sarah M