“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Festus, Missouri
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Food variety was great. Food quality was amazing. Service was a little slow.
We will be back soon and often.
Sushi, steak, hibachi they had it all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Horrible service, rude....an overall terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is where our son wanted to go for his 11th birthday dinner. They seated us at 8pm (closed at 9:30 that night)....was only a couple of tables filled. The majority of all the sushi plates were empty so I asked the sushi chef to make some salmon sushi for all 4 of us....I didn't expect them to refill all the plates again since the restaurant was about empty but I did expect them to at least refill our plates since it is an all you can eat sushi, steak, and seafood buffet. Many of the other dishes were dried out so I went to the hibachi area to have the steak prepared...all they had available had turned brown and was sitting in bloody water...I asked for a fresh piece and they told me that's all they had left. I then asked the sushi chef to makenus a rainbow roll since that plate was also left empty...he made us something totally different and then had to remake it. 1 roll for 4 people is not much...I asked them to make some more salmon sushi since that plate on the buffet was never replenished and they told me I could not have any more! WAIT...ISN'T THIS ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET? Management told me all I was eating was the seafood! ISN'T THE NAME HOKKAIDO STEAK SUSHI SEAFOOD BUFFET??? They charged us full price and would not replenish the empty buffet dishes......it was only 8:30pm....they didn't close for another hour....HORRIBLE TREATMENT......AWFUL BIRTHDAY FOR MY 11 YR OLD....WAS SO DISAPPOINTED......WILL NEVER BE BACK OR RECOMMEND TO ANY OF OUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank whatsthedealcameal
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun and diversity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Love the variety of foods. I wondered what I would do trying to eat healthy. They have a grill where you pick your food and they cook it for you so it worked well for me! Everyone we have brought here has loved it.

Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have to say I was surprised. My brother had intended on going to another restaurant for his birthday which we had went to. The restaurant is Red Lobster and we were told that there will be a 4-5 hour wait for our party size, which would have been their closing time. I felt that was like saying I really don't care if I get your business. If it was me I would have at least asked do you want to break your party up or what if I could seat you all nearby each other, which we would have opt for but if wasn't even offered.

Anyway a few friends suggested Hokkaido and I have to say I am very glad we tried it out. This place has an extensive buffet bar. The food seem fresh, the staff was nice and accommodating. We did not even ask ahead of time if it was okay but we brought in a cake for my brother, we gave the ice cream to our server and they put it up until we requested it. They didn't charge gratuity as most restaurants do when you have a large party.

I was overwhelmed with the variety of food. I wish I'd taken my time and took one plate at a time. I don't usually eat a lot but I almost couldn't contain myself. I like the hibachi station. The only complaint was the fried chicken drummies didn't seem cooked as well but there was so much more to choose from. I don't care for sushi, seafood or those type of foods but for those that like that it was available. You can't categorize this place as a chinese restaurant because they had all types of foods; American, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

Yummi! Just thinking of how good the food was make me schedule my next visit....maybe it didn't help that I was so hungry to start with :-)
This is a very nice food bar, you shouldn't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Missouri
“Best Buffet Ever! Lots of choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went here with a friend on a Saturday afternoon and it was my first time. Some sushi buffetts are sketchy and scary if the fish looks weird. BUT this is nothing like that. They have TONS of hot options to choose from and also a lot of sushi options that are tasty!!!! The dessert bar was simply to die for also with a chocolate fountain, cookies, brownies, ice cream, etc. You definitely have to try this place! and it was only $10. that is so cheap for all you can eat sushi/food/dessert!

Visited February 2013