“hidden gem in Florissant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pearl Cafe
Ranked #4 of 149 Restaurants in Florissant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“hidden gem in Florissant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Definitely try Pearl Cafe, great food and nice laid back atmosphere. My husband and I have been going to Pearl Cafe since the brother duo opened it about 3 years ago. Tommy, in the front of the house, is welcoming and greets you with,"hi guys". Scott in the kitchen always prepares consistently wonderful food. Sometimes I get in a rut and order thai chili stir-fry with chicken because it's sooo good! Once I had it 3 days in a row!!! If you go there long enough and it's not too busy, Tommy will offer some off menu items; never a disappointment. Their Vietnamese crepes are messy, but taste fantastic. My husband loves the wide selection of beers, some unique craft beers and also local stand-bys. If you new to Thai food, don't worry Tommy or the wait staff are more than willing to help guide you through the menu and give suggestions. You'll be happy you tried it!

• Visited October 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Good choice for area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The area is devoid of good non-chain restaurants, but this one stands out as a good choice for Thai/Chinese cuisine. In what appears to be an old defunct chain restaurant, there are not many tables, but the service and food are very good. The Tom Kha soup was delicious but skimpy on coconut milk. I got the green curry, which was superb and the fried sweet potato appetizer (based on good comments from other reviewers), but I would skip the appetizer as ordinary. The portions are not large but packed with lots of flavor. It is a bit hard to find (passed it the first time), but there is ample parking and staff seemed well-versed on how to please customers. Food was quick, fresh and did not stand around getting cooled off. Overall, a good meal for those who like Thai food. Unfortunately, coming from the SF Bay area, where great Thai restaurants abound, the flavors were not as good as many Thai restaurants I have been to but still decent. I would return.

Visited June 2012
KC-MO
“STOP looking at other places for Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

This, in our opinion, and there were four votes from Thai lovers that the food and service was truly outstanding. Tommy who owns the place helps the new folks and we each had a different meal and shared.

Crazy but the ribs as an appetizer is really a great idea. The flavor is unque and worth a nibble.
Admittedly inFlorissant it is 20 minutes OOT but read the other commments and look at the other places reviews.

Seriously, great foof and a destination worth the short drive.

• Visited May 2012
st louisuis, Missouri, USA
“Worst place to go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is one of the worst place I have been to in St. Louis. To beign with we called into find out if they had full bar in the restaurants and the waitress (not so cordial) said yes. That a bold face lie becuase they only carry few spirits in the bar just like the people working there. Waitress and the male owner were very rude to us. At one point of time we ordered our appetizers and were waiting for them to come but the waitress comes to us asking us to order the dinner when we told her that we are still waiting on the appetizers she says, I quote, "Its our policy not to serve appetizers without ordering the dinner" Where in the world they came up. I personally felt like that was a racist comment and treatement of our group at this place was more of an embarassment in these modern days. Even after all the oxymornic behaious from the restaurant staff I left a $95 tip for a $220 bill

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Missouri
“Mad at myself for not trying this place sooner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Went here with my husband on a Friday night. We live in the area and had always driven by but never gave it much thought. What a mistake, this place is awesome. They have a good beer selection (at least 75 different kinds). The food was fantastic. Try the ribs for a starter. Yes, I know that sounds strange ribs for a starter, but you will not regret it. They are some of the best ribs i have ever had. very unique flavor (better than pappys in my opinion). I had the pineapple fried rice (fantastic) and my husband had one of the noodle dishes (also fantastic- level 5 heat for him). Portions were large. We have lots of leftovers. For two meals, three beers, and a starter our bill came to around 40 bucks. not bad for a friday night out. i really can't say enough good things about this place. So happy i finally tried this local establishment.

• Visited March 2012