“Very Nice & Comfy”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Festus
Springfield, Illinois
“Very Nice & Comfy”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Found this hotel the day of a BLIZZARD (Q) to be very comforting even though it is just adjacent to I-55. The 4th floor was very quiet & the bed was perfect. Thanks to Jennifer, for letting us check-in early. She was very proffesional & kind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer26168, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 636-937-0700.

Jennifer Wright,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Festus, Missouri, USA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Note you to all - Do not put anyone in room 101 on a night of a wedding unless they are there for the wedding. I awakened 3 times on Jan 12th because of #1 screaming little girls running up and down the halls #2 giggling teenagers out in the hall and #3 loud drunk people leaving the wedding around 2 am. I tried to call to complain after i had gone to the front desk to ask how long the girls would be allowed to run the halls and was told around 11pm but no one would answer the phone so i called back using my cell phone and finally got an answer to complain about the teenagers and finally i just threw open the doors and told the drunk adults to be quiet. Not a happy camper!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer26168, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while at the Best Western Shalimar Plaza Hotel in Festus, MO. I am sure it was very frustrating when you are trying to sleep and it is loud. I hope you will give us another opportunity next time you are in town.
Again, I am sorry for the problems you encountered.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

although the room was a little small it was nice & clean. we arrived for check in & were told that the pool was down but, they gave us a guest pass to the pool @ the YMCA that was adjacent to the hotel, which I did not find a big inconveince.( Might have been had the weather not been nice.) They also told us that there was a wedding reception being held. Now that was the kicker! We were given an adjoining room to some of the wedding guests & boy did they party! They slammed doors & talked & laughed so loudly it sounded like they were in the same room!! My husband called the desk several times until finally we checked out @ 2:30am so we could drive over 2 hours home sothat we could get some sleep!! Never again will I book a room when a wedding is under way! Needless to say we expect a full refund.

Room Tip: Don't book when they r having drunks partying!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer26168, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Mr. & Ms. Prulo,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 636-937-0700.

BEST WESTERN Shalimar Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel has apparently been renovated based upon previous reviews. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff were friendly and there was a nice breakfast offered. Our only complaint was the set up for getting to the indoor pool. There was a wedding reception going on, and to get to the pool you had to walk through the area of the reception. I was so uncomfortable walking through the reception in my bathing suit that I insisted my husband go get the vehicle and pick the kids and I up outside once we were done swimming. So, we ran to the car, dripping wet, in 40 degree temps!

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room that doesn't face the conference/event area. The music can be a little...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our room was very comfortable and clean, everything seemed new and was in good condition. The bathroom was a bit small with strangely low ceilings. Breakfast offered a better than average selection and the whole eating area was spotless.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mceli
Mooreville, Ms
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel is very nice and well decorated, and the staff were very friendly and efficient. Our room (room 231) was spacious, beautiful and very clean, and the mattress was very comfortable. The high speed wireless internet was indeed very high speed and we had no problems using it the entire weekend. All in all, this is a great hotel.... except for one big problem.... Their conference center...ugh... is in the middle of the hotel and our room window overlooked the area (we had an inside room). We were not told when we checked in that their huge banquet room was booked that night and that there would be speakers (with microphones) and loud music played til late at night. My husband and I are early risers, so we go to bed at a reasonable hour, but with the commotion of the banquet below us, sleep was impossible. Needless to say had we known there was a conference booked, we could have requested a room as far away from the noise as possible or opted to not stay a second night. Being a frugal sort, I am still aggravated that we paid for a second night that was disrupted and sleepless.... It just kinda ruined our little weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 'outside' away from their big conference (banquet) room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Festus
Comfort Inn Festus
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Timber Creek Resort

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!