“Excellent food and drinks, reasonable prices.”

Taytro's Bar & Bistro
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Festus
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Taytro's Bar & Bistro is a New Orleans style restaurant located in Festus, Missouri. This family owned and operated business is the owner, Steve's way of bringing his taste of Louisiana back home for all to enjoy. His time spent in the South living, cooking and learning from the locals was not to be forgotten. Steve loved his time and friends in Louisiana and wanted to bring his passion for cooking and love for Louisiana spice back to the place he called home. He and his family opened their restaurant in the winter of 2010. With its unique flavors and ambiance, Taytro's has proven to be a hit with the local residents. Come on in and experience it for yourself!
“Excellent food and drinks, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great New Orleans style atmosphere in the little town of Festus. I had the 'shrimpalaya' which was a mix of the BBQ shrimp and jambalaya. It was good but a bit on the salty side. House salad and poppyseed house dressing was excellent. The atmosphere was great with a nice band playing on Saturday. Definitely worth a visit or two.

“Great food!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been there twice. Great meal both times. Try the BBQ Shrimp jambalaya, its awesome. It's a little bohemian, but you will love it !

Visited December 2012
Crystal City, Mo
“Try it - you'll like it.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Family had dinner at Taytro's tonight. I had the special, Chicken Ackbar. Dellicious with smashed potatoes. Sons had the crawfish etoufee and jambalaya. Husband had shrimp etoufee. Also, had the sampler appetizer - wings and gator bites were very good. Can't say enough about how good everything tasted. Wonderful atmosphere with the live music - playing songs that we all know. Saw several people we know too. Definitely a place to go for something a little bit different.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mk_mcdowell
USA
“Awesome Food!!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stopped in and at at Taytros in Festus a few days ago and it was amazing! The atmosphere is awesome. On the weekends they almost always have someone inside singing. They have an awesome Cajin Menu and the staff is always friendly. I have ate here about 8 times now and have never had a bad meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jughead676
Clear Lake, Wisconsin
“Excellent food and friendly service!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Taytro's Bistro is, without doubt, the best bar and restaurant in Festus. We stopped in on a week night, and sat at the bar to have a drink while we decided if we would eat there. They have a good selection of wine and beer, and a very friendly bartender (who turned out to be an owner). While we were having a drink we heard her discribing the Dinner Special - Mahi Mahi with a Citrus glaze. She made it sound so good I was hooked. I ordered the special, which normally came with mashed potatoes - I asked if there was another choice, and it was a summer squash/zucchini mix (which I don't like) The server was very accomodating and asked if I would like broccoli, which I love. My husband had the Jambalaya. We both had salads with the Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, which was very good. My husband loved his Jambalaya, and my Mahi Mahi was excellent - the Citrus glaze really added a great light flavor, and a bonus was that the citrus glaze sort of melted around the plate, and also gave the broccoli a new twist. Best broccoli I ever had! Our server was very friendly, attentive without being intrusive, and we loved everything about Taytro's! It's an unassuming place in a small strip mall, but do yourself a favor if you're going through town or live in the area...spend an evening at Taytro's Bar & Bistro!

• Visited March 2012