“Good Beers, Mediocre Barbecue”

Ferguson Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Ferguson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
“Good Beers, Mediocre Barbecue”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This highly recommended restaurant is GREAT for beer selection, etc, However, the menu is not "first rate." After coming from places like 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Orlando and other favorite barbecue joints, I was looking forward to my meal with friends and coworkers. It certainly can't compare with Sticky Fingers or places like that, but I ended up with the stuffed mushrooms, ridiculously deep fried! Never had them that way before, so I was quite surprised. I just couldn't bring myself to order the barbecue, as it didn't look that wonderful when I saw it being delivered to nearby tables. So, my suggestion: stick to the fine tuned beer selection and skip dinner altogether!

• Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go for the food...”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'm sure the beers are good, but the food isn't. Their menu described a "slow smoked brisket sandwich". It wasn't the least bit smoked and wasn't even brisket. It seemed more like microwaved roast beef. I sent it back, figuring that surely the slow smoked pulled pork sandwich would be pretty good...uh, no. It appeared to be pulled pork, but it too was completely devoid of any smoke flavor. I gave up and ate it anyway. The BBQ sauce helped. On a positive side, their homemade potato chps were good.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun Place, Great Beer”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ferguson Brewery has a nice, laid back atmosphere that feels slightly upscale without being pretentious. It's a great place for just about any occasion. We were there last weekend with another couple and had a great time. We each ordered the beer sampler that comes with 4 beers of your choice. I had the dunkel, hefeweizen, lemongrass and german wit. All of the beers were delicious, with the wit being my favorite. My husband opted for some darker brews and he liked them all.

As for the food, it is pretty good. I had a chicken tender wrap that was tasty but maybe could've used a bit more dressing. My husband liked his flat bread pizza, but be forewarned, it is VERY cheesy, so if you are lactose intolerant and rely on Lactaid pills to get you through your cheese cravings, the pizza might not be a good option. Our friends had the grilled shrimp and a chicken sandwich that they liked.

The prices are good here. For my husband and I to have two beer samplers and an entree, the total was $30.

Our server seemed to be a bit out of it, but her service wasn't bad. We've never had a big complaint on our servers or wait time at this establishment. Actually, we got a table for 4 people immediately on a Saturday night.

• Visited March 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good food, good beer, friendly people...all at a very good price.
This will be a place I return to whenever in the area. Happy hour till five PM gets you half price starters. Quality beers are always $3 a pint.

Visited February 2013
Arlington, Texas
“The food was not good...”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went here with some co-workers after a day of meetings. I don't drink so I can't comment on the beer. The food I had was really bad. I order corned beef and cabbage. The corned beef was dry and stale and the cabbage was tasteless and soggy. There is a nice atmosphere to the place, just wish the food could have been better.

• Visited January 2013