“Restful”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Trafalgar
“Restful”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We needed a room for an unplanned Christmas Eve stay and Fairfield was the place. I called from the road and asked for the best rate they could offer. Their phone rate was a lot better than any online rate quoted that night.

Check in was painless, quick and accurate, The room was perfect for our tired bodies, bathroom was clean and room smelled fresh. The breakfast was excellent. I have not complaints and will stay at this Fairfield Inn again if I have to stay in Fenton in the future.

Kuddos to the night staff on Christmas Eve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rangellalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Iowa
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Renovations are done.
Pros- newly renovated. It is done in budget style (thin towels, budget look) but being newly remodeled makes it very clean. Great breakfast. Very friendly/fast check in. I got a very good price around Christmas time. Amazed by the number of power sources in the room. We were able to easily charge devices. Double room size more then adequate.
Cons- Traffic noise is a problem if you sleep light. With earplugs not an issue. We had no problem finding it by GPS, but it's in a strange location about 1/2 mile from the highway. The chlorine smell for the pool on our first day was so overpowering I felt ill checking in. I can't imagine having a room near that pool. Everything in your room would smell strongly of chlorine.
In defense of the hotel the pool opens right into the lobby/hall, so there is no buffer hall. It would also be loud to have a room by that pool that. No fridges in room, but remember it is a budget price.
Did not use exercise room or pool.

Overall nice, clean mid range budget hotel. Very friendly staff. Good housekeeping. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor away from highway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Growing2BoysInCinci
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is undergoing renovations so there are some  distractions  to deal with, however, they don't start work until around 9:00 am.  This hotel is in an industrial area.  The rooms are small but clean, quite and comfortable.  They have a nice continental breakfast with an excellent variety of items to choose from.  The gentleman who refills the breakfast items was friendly and very good at keeping everything well stocked.  The only downside we found was a slow elevator and seating space at breakfast.  The workers doing the remodel were eating the same continental breakfast as well.  They took up several tables, so on a busy morning with guests there was no place to sit sometimes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Detroit MI
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days on Business. The roads around this area are very strange. They use a combination of expressway service drives mixed with roads and my GPS never took me the same way twice. Good location to travel around St. Louis and the hotel was clean and tidy. I would stay here again next time I travel here for work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After reading reviews of how to find this hotel, I mapped it with mapquest and had no trouble finding it. It is oddly situated, so mapping it is very helpful.
The King bed was comfortable. Internet worked fine. There were cookies and coffee and tea in the pm. Breakfast had make your own waffles, Jimmie Dean sausage biscuits, cereal and fruit. The pool was nice--3-4 feet deep so good for kids. There was a hot tub in the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Escondido, California
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Consistant friendly and helpful staff. Always pleasant! Good choice of nearby restaurants within a radius of three miles. Also, a number of fast food for the kids nearby. This property is located on the Southwestern side of St. Louis, off I-44.

Room Tip: Plan reservations ahead for reasonable rates as with any travel plans.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2012

First off, if you're staying here you can pretty much count on directions being wrong and don't bother trying to just find the sign and navigating there if you don't know exactly where it is. You will easily miss the sign coming off I-44. My in-laws printed out directions and we were trying to talk to them and they called us back and said that the directions they printed out got them lost and they couldn't see the place after they just decided they finished with the directions. At that point we were pretty much going back I-44 on a road going beside the interstate and I asked my wife to pull over so I could call and get our bearings. Lo and behold, we went around a bend to find a pull-in and there it was right in front of us. So, you may want to call in advance or do a street view if you are in a rush (as we were cause I had tickets for my brother-in-law and I for the schlafly bottleworks tour that started about 30 minutes after we got to the general area).

There is a sign saying the hotel is being renovated, and after being in some renovated hotels and pretty much staying in one over the course of a couple month renovation, I'm use to the renovating smell, and that's the smell that first hit me and was rather welcoming. I like hotels that smell clean and keep the rooms recycled to clean out old smells. The indoor pool is only 4ft deep max. I have feather-free, extra foam pillow, extra towels, and refridgerator on my profile, none of which was there. Upon leaving I mentioned this to the front desk and was told there was no manager there (fyi, there never seems to be a manager there) but told that it would be brought to managments attention. I was compensated fairly for this slight overlook and pleased.

The breakfast was a standard "a bit more than a continental" breakfast with the sandwhiches in a small fridge, cereal, yogurts, natural fruit cups, and more. This was great as I had two rooms and a bunch of different eaters, and satisfiable enough for the ones that got up in time. I did use points for my stay but with this experience I would have been a bit more than satisfied if I had paid and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The request we put in for a joining room was granted. If requesting a joining room, as with all hote...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills

Been to Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!