“Business Trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Detroit MI
“Business Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days on Business. The roads around this area are very strange. They use a combination of expressway service drives mixed with roads and my GPS never took me the same way twice. Good location to travel around St. Louis and the hotel was clean and tidy. I would stay here again next time I travel here for work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

After reading reviews of how to find this hotel, I mapped it with mapquest and had no trouble finding it. It is oddly situated, so mapping it is very helpful.
The King bed was comfortable. Internet worked fine. There were cookies and coffee and tea in the pm. Breakfast had make your own waffles, Jimmie Dean sausage biscuits, cereal and fruit. The pool was nice--3-4 feet deep so good for kids. There was a hot tub in the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Consistant friendly and helpful staff. Always pleasant! Good choice of nearby restaurants within a radius of three miles. Also, a number of fast food for the kids nearby. This property is located on the Southwestern side of St. Louis, off I-44.

Room Tip: Plan reservations ahead for reasonable rates as with any travel plans.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

First off, if you're staying here you can pretty much count on directions being wrong and don't bother trying to just find the sign and navigating there if you don't know exactly where it is. You will easily miss the sign coming off I-44. My in-laws printed out directions and we were trying to talk to them and they called us back and said that the directions they printed out got them lost and they couldn't see the place after they just decided they finished with the directions. At that point we were pretty much going back I-44 on a road going beside the interstate and I asked my wife to pull over so I could call and get our bearings. Lo and behold, we went around a bend to find a pull-in and there it was right in front of us. So, you may want to call in advance or do a street view if you are in a rush (as we were cause I had tickets for my brother-in-law and I for the schlafly bottleworks tour that started about 30 minutes after we got to the general area).

There is a sign saying the hotel is being renovated, and after being in some renovated hotels and pretty much staying in one over the course of a couple month renovation, I'm use to the renovating smell, and that's the smell that first hit me and was rather welcoming. I like hotels that smell clean and keep the rooms recycled to clean out old smells. The indoor pool is only 4ft deep max. I have feather-free, extra foam pillow, extra towels, and refridgerator on my profile, none of which was there. Upon leaving I mentioned this to the front desk and was told there was no manager there (fyi, there never seems to be a manager there) but told that it would be brought to managments attention. I was compensated fairly for this slight overlook and pleased.

The breakfast was a standard "a bit more than a continental" breakfast with the sandwhiches in a small fridge, cereal, yogurts, natural fruit cups, and more. This was great as I had two rooms and a bunch of different eaters, and satisfiable enough for the ones that got up in time. I did use points for my stay but with this experience I would have been a bit more than satisfied if I had paid and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The request we put in for a joining room was granted. If requesting a joining room, as with all hote...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

There were a block of rooms reserved for a family wedding here. When we checked in (at various times) we were put in rooms all over the building, so that was disappointing. One family couldn't even stay there because the hotel couldn't or wouldn't guarantee two adjoining rooms for the parents and their kids. I don't know how much of this is typical for the hotel industry, but it was bothersome.

Completely under the hotel's control, however, was the bathroom situation. The water pressure was terrible and the towels were paper thin. The shower still had hair in it. There is free internet, but it was super slow and a pain to connect to.

The breakfast was decent and the remodeling they are doing looks nice, but over all I didn't feel like it was anything worth using again. I would try my luck with the hotel across the parking lot instead of using this one again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed a week here on business. Nice hotel the only complaints I have is it's in a poor location and the front desk lady that works morning is rude. She needs a class in customer service.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were able to get a day of reservation for this hotel on our way home from a cross-country vacation. The weekend rate was fantastic as it's located in a business park area. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel staff provided a very helpful handout that listed all of the area's restaurants to include fast food. Most were within a mile or two of the hotel. Our room was large and the hotel was quiet. The free Wi-Fi was very slow in our room. We also enjoyed the free breakfast which had a large selection of items.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard

Been to Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!