“Nice rooms and friendly people”

Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice rooms and friendly people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had a very good experience with the staff at this hotel, and the rooms were spacious and clean. The exercise room was small but adequate. We were disappointed that the pool is only open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. since I like a morning swim, but . . . Overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear tscollett,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope the rest of your trip went as expected. We do keep the pool closed in the early morning hours as it is surrounded by guest rooms but will look at the idea of opening earlier.

Thanks for the input.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice recently built Holiday Inn Express, near the Interstate, but just far enough away to make you feel you are in the countryside.
Staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in, Lobby was nice and comfortable with magazines, flat screen TV, fireplace. Although Breakfast is the standard quick fix fare, it was hot and fresh. Definitely would stay here again rather than the older properties in the city of St. Louis.

Room Tip: Top floor is the quietest due to multilevel design.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Gosh, Thank you for the great review. We do try and keep up our building to the expectations of the crowd. To be fair, we are not a new build, but we do keep the place up-to-date. Please come see us on the next trip.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Let me preface with the good. Friendly, easy going, humorous front desk staff. Quiet when I was there. Spacious room. Newer furnishings and carpet. Seemed well kept. Breakfast is what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. I truly love staying at Holiday Inn Expresses but one thing I encountered that I don't know if anyone could control made it a 4 star. I woke up in the morning and made a cup of coffee. I won't go into details, but I saw a house critter, that at the time, made my skin crawl. But after some research, these little guys are actually good for getting rid of the bugs that we SHOULD worry about. It isn't dangerous to humans, but was abrasive to see crawling on my stuff. I only say this because if it's around, that means other bugs are around for it to live (assumed from internet findings). But I'm sure we could say the same about our own homes, bugs that we don't even know about. All in all. it was a very good stay. Stay date 10/15/13

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for stay at the Holiday Inn Express St. Louis Fenton. We appreciate your comments and will forward it on to our housekeeping staff. Please visit us again on your next trip.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at the HIE-Fenton recently while in metro SL on business. Not so easy to find late at night, but the very helpful staff got me there as GPS wasn't on the money. Hotel was very quiet, staff was excellent, room well appointed, breakfast above average. A very good experience - and easy to locate once you are there.

Room Tip: Request room on SOUTH side away from I-44 traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on the next trip to STL.

ALlen S
Mishawaka, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years traveling on business to the St Louis area and I am an IHG platinum member. It is right off I-44 and close to I-270 with plenty of restaurants in the area, so it is very convenient. It is always clean and the front desk staff have always been friendly from my experiences. It's not an expensive hotel and will upgrade me if better rooms are available. I've never used the pool, but if you're bringing the family, its very small. I will say that is close to Six Flags if that's your destination.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
DJC313,

Thank you for your recent survey of our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you on your next stay.

Saint Charles, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Being an IHG Platinum Rewards Member means nothing if you stay at this hotel.

The regular rate for a room runs $90 and a suite runs $110 depending on the type of suite. HOWEVER, if you want to use your reward points for a free night, and then upgrade to a suite, they want to charge you another $90 a night!!!!

Now why on earth would I pay for another whole room? Especially when I stay at other IHG properties and get upgraded for free. I have stayed in many other IHG properties, from Candlewood to Crowne Plaza and never been treated like this.

When I asked why they felt it was ok to charge the rate of another room (so basically points PLUS the cost of a second room) no one seemed to be able to give an answer. And I spoke to the woman who said she was the manager, but I see from review below that the GM is a guy AND has an attitude as well, so won't be calling him.

We cancelled our future reservations here and will stay at the Crowne Plaza instead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear e1ande2,

Thank you for your recent response. We appreciate our Platinum IHG Rewards members.

I must apologize that your rewards points were not used how you intended. An IHG rewards points night is for use in standard guest rooms and are not applicable for upgrades. We do offer guests an option to pay for an upgrade fee to a suite. On our small suites, the fee is $30 and on the Honeymoon Suite with the fireplace and heart-shaped tub - $90. The Honeymoon Suite must have been the only type left at the time.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here on several occasions on business. My husband and I stayed in this very room a month ago. This bloody stain was not on the sprinkler head at that time. I promptly checked out after seeing this! I spoke with the GM the following day. He was EXCEPTIONALLY rude. He thought it was a joke and stated he had no intention of going to the room to look at the room. He insisted the cleaning lady just clean it. I requested a refund for the 2 nights I reserved and I requested the points for each night. Let's face it, that's disgusting! The GM tried to say that it's rust however only one side has this residue which is smeared and has raised spots. There's no way for moisture to get to the fixture without turning on the sprinkler. Regardless, this is an industry focused on customer service and he was out if line.
From there I filed a complaint with the customer service line. I was asked by Barbra several times, " what exactly about this makes you so uncomfortable?" Followed by, "A little spot like this does not warrant a refund, nor an award of points."
I've filed a complaint with the South County Health Department. I will continue to try to reach in the corporate hq to resolve this issue.
I've been extremely loyal to this brand but I've had it! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank AlwaysReadyToGoHome
BigAlStl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Ma'am,

Thank you for filling out your survey about our hotel. I am sorry that it is not under better circumstances. I am sorry that we were unable to come to some terms with the 10,000 point offer you wanted for making different arrangements.
As, we all stated before, the stain that was on the cover was a rust stain. If it had been a biologic, we would take steps to sanitize the area. I am sorry that this made you feel uncomfortable and wish you the best with other hotels in St. Louis.

Allen
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fenton? Share your experiences!