“Friendly Staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
“Friendly Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The staff were all very friendly and the hotel was clean. Our daughters left notes for housekeeping and Rebecca made their day with a nice return note. Helen did a terrific job with breakfast. She was such a nice lady and seemed to really enjoy her work. Overall it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
BigAlStl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Yesac1,

Thank you for the your recent response to your stay at our hotel. Its is great to hear that our housekeeper and breakfast bar host are great assets for the hotel. We are always trying to find great talent to make our guests' stay comfortable.

We can't wait to see you again. Come see us after Six Flags and the Zoo are in season.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express while in St Louis for a family visit. It was a nice but older place that could use some updates. For example new caulking in the bathroom. I say it was mostly clean because I found someone else's sock in the closet cove when we checked in. I also found part of a juice box straw wrapper next to the bed which made me question if they actually vacuumed. It's hard to say since sometimes those things can be sticky to pick up.

We rented a Jr. Family Suite which was nice. It wasn't huge but big enough. It had a little fridge, microwave and sink. It had a little room where our daughter had a place of her own to sleep.It was almost like an oversized walk in closet without a door. It also allowed her to sleep in a bit since she was tucked away and didn't hear us when we were up and about in the mornings.

The pool is more like the size of an oversized hot tub so don't plan on doing any laps. The breakfast was average, a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

All in all it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle R
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you, family, for your recent review. I have to apologize for the mistaken items left in the closet and the straw wrapper. Although, those were easily missed items, they should have been caught by our staff. I apologize that we missed them and assure you that is was an accident. The housekeeper that cleaned the room, although fairly new, has been catching on and is doing a good job. We will need to send some positive reinforcement and retraining her way. Thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you again in the summer months for Six Flags, the Zoo, and the City Museum.

ALlen
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

As a Platinum member, I see alot of HIE's. This one was average. Room was in need of repair, both chairs at table had broken armrests, bathroom needed some new paint or wallpaper (Mystery stain above sink). I tried this over my usual HIE near St. Louis do to the great reviews it received. Everyone else must have different expectations, because while there was nothing really wrong here, nothing was great either. There are better, newer Holiday Inn's in the area. I probably will not be back. The location is great if you like the Kirkwood area, and the restaurants they have there. It was only 5 miles from downtown Kirkwood, which I did like.

Room Tip: The HIE in O'fallon, MO is newer and nicer. and not to awful far away;
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your comments and I feel beside myself that you experienced a room that was not in the best of condition. We strive to ensure that all of our rooms go through a thorough maintenance inspection beyond our brand standards. I would like to know which room it was so that we can correct the deficiencies. I also apologize for the problems and would like to speak with you about the room. Please feel free to contact me at 636-349-4444 x402.

Thank you.

Prairie Village, KS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Front desk folks were all very nice. Room was dated, but clean and functional. Bed was firm and quite comfortable. Outlets next to the bed are a nice touch for the folks that can't live w/o their cell phones. At this price point, it's a good value.

Now to my issue with the place. When we pulled into the empty parking lot on Sunday 02/24 there was a black Lexus IS parked across the 2 handicapped parking spots closest to the front door. I'm not disabled, but was so irritated by what I saw that I double checked for a hang tag (and did not see one) and then mentioned it to the staffer when I was checking in. The staff member promptly answered "It belongs to the owner". All I could do was shake my head. Luckily, I took a picture when I first saw it, because it was moved 10 minutes later when I went back to my car.

Any business owner that stupid or insensitive doesn't deserve my business. Holiday Inn will be hearing form me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and have forwarded them on to our ownership. To clarify two small items, the hotel and its owners have nothing but respect for our disabled guests. Secondly, the door in front of the car is a supply door and they person, alothough not the owner, was quickly dropping off guest supplies, in the slowest time of the day. Albeit, they should not have parked in a disabled person's spot.

I apologize if this issue has offended anyone and we hope that no one accidentally repeats behavior that would offend any of our guests. If anyone has any questions about the disable features of our hotel, please contact me at ext. 402.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I stay in a lot of different types of hotels at all the price points. This Holiday Inn Express was just perfect for our needs. The price was right for a quick duty-filled trip and the value was exceptional. We chose it because it was in the right area, it had QUEEN beds and breakfast was included. Besides all that, we were very pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed our entire stay.
Staff--Barb behind the desk was awesome. She was very helpful getting us to the local Olive Garden, had a great sense of humor, and you could just tell she really enjoyed her job. Helen prepared and maintained a fabulous spread of food for breakfast including the outrageous cinnamon rolls that HIE does so well! I think it was Tyres that had our room prepared with obvious care.
The room was really nice with great bedding on the QUEEN beds, upgraded flooring, really nice towels, and above average square footage.
The common area was perfect, very homey, and comfortable. The swimming pool was really special with beautiful huge house plants! Nice touch!!!
We will definitely return to this hotel. We are brain storming reasons to plan our next trip to the area so we can mini-vaca and stay here!!!

• Stayed February 2013
WOW!! All we can say is Thank you for being a friend of our hotel. We obviously enjoyed having you as a guest and look forward to offering the same if not better service on the next stay.

Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Love this hotel! Always friendly employees and managers. Honeymoon suite is very romantic and comfortable. Enjoy a movie in front of the electric fireplace or from your king size bed. The full size refrigerator allows you to take your own snacks and drinks along. Breakfast is good. Unfortunately, the oven was not working so we didn't get biscuits and gravy. They even offer "breakfast to go" in little baggies with a banana and cinnamon roll. That is great customer servie. Location is excellent. Close to everything. Will visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the Valentine's review. It was great luck to get one of our Honeymoon Suites. That is a great room with the heart-shaped jet tub and the fireplace. I think it is a great setup for the family too as the couch in the living room pulls out to a sofabed for the kid and the parents get the bed in a seperate room. It is great that it worked out for your night on the town. We hope to see you again, soon.

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in London and am used to really expensive hotel rooms. This is really a nice hotel for basically a really dirt cheap price. The bed was nice, the room was clean, the hotel a bit tricky to find at night, but overall a really good deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the product. We give every effort to offer a quality product at reasonable prices.

Cheers and we'll see you next time you are in the States.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fenton? Share your experiences!