“Recently completing complete upgrade on rooms & Front Desk” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton

TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Escondido, California
“Recently completing complete upgrade on rooms & Front Desk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed at this property in the last three years. They recently have gone through a major upgrade of room and Check-In Area. One of the management staff; friendly, helpful and accommodating to their guests.
The rooms are nice size and well maintained. Knowledgeable about sights, and eating establishment. I needed to get our car washed and they found one not too far from the property that uses "Brushless" cleaning.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bille3
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much sir for taking your time to share your personal opinions of your most recent experience with us at our hotel. We love to hear that our guests appreciate our renovation and to know that our guests are enjoying it! We still have additional cosmetic changes to make in the rooms that I am really excited about! I do hope that you are able to come back and stay with us again! I remember speaking with you and have already shared with other guests the location of that 'brushless' car wash; its very needed in this season when we all have chalky, salty, dirty vehicles!
Take care and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Kelly Galloway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Antioch CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel was a great value for what the nightly cost and the amenities you get. I now know where to stay in the St. Louis Area for future travel. I booked a one bedroom suite and upon check in I got put in a newly renovated 2 bedroom suite for added comfort without even asking. The room had an electric stove and oven, kitchen utensils, dinning utensils, and even a dishwasher. Room was vary spacious and comfortable, kind of like a luxury apartment. The gentlemen at the front desk who checked in was very friendly and helpful by giving us directions to nearby places. I am sure after there renovation being 100% complete in the next couple months every room will be like the one I was assigned to.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you honest feedback so that other guests can get a real understanding of what our hotel has to offer! I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and by the sounds of it, maybe some future stays as well!

Can't wait to have you back with us!

Mission Hills, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is probably the 5th or 6th time we have stayed here. As a family with 2 small children, having a 2-bedroom suite is perfect. This time we were in one of the newly renovated rooms and definitely felt a difference. It certainly felt cleaner and fresher than our previous stays.

I cannot say enough about the staff. Each desk clerk and housekeeper has made us feel welcome.

This was the first time we have stayed in the second building (not the one with the lobby). The only downfall to it was having to go a short way across the parking lot to get breakfast. Luckily we had great weather, but that would be inconvenient in rain or snow. In any case, it is not a big deal.

The pool was closed for the season, so we did not get a chance to use it. During other visits, our children have enjoyed it. It is just a basic pool near the parking lot, but families with kids would love it.

I have seen other comment having to take breakfast back to the room. For us, that is a perfect situation. We appreciate having multiple cereal choices, instant hot oatmeal, bananas and yogurt. The bags make it easy to take back to the room--plus there are lids for the cereal bowls.

If you want a social, gathering place to enjoy breakfast with other travelers, this is not the place. If you want a large, tranquil pool area, this is not the place. If you want luxury bedding and fancy amenities, this is not the place. If you want a clean, comfortable place with convenient access to I-44, making it easy to get to Six Flags, the Magic House, West County Mall or even Downtown, this is the place. Now that we have found it, we don't want to stay anywhere else in St. Louis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DM335
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience with us regarding your most recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Hotel! I truly appreciate your honesty and kind comments regarding our staff, our newly decorated suites and for explaining the convenience of our 'Grab and Go' Breakfast! We love having families like yourselves here with us repeatedly, giving our staff the opportunity to really get to know you and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back our way! I certainly hope that we see you again soon and that you and your family have a great rest of your week!

Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I rated the experience as terrible. I would have checked it between terrible and poor if given that opportunity.

One must wonder how this place stays in business.

Our room was not in the building that housed the office. When we checked in we were told that we could not get a room on the top floor. It was close to 7 p.m. so I guess this was the price of checking in later in the day. Our room featured a bathroom so dark that when we plugged in our night light, it came on immediately! How annoying to have such a dark bathroom. I do now have no idea how my wife prepped her face the following morning?

The tub’s stopper could not contain water, so we constantly had to add water for bathing/soaking. It was not a large “leak” yet, annoying.

Given our tired state upon entering the room we neglected to check the radio/alarm device. Wouldn’t you know it, the prior guest thought it was important for him to rise at 3:30 a.m. OR thought it entirely amusing for the following guests (US!) to be rudely awakened at the time, as we were. Would not it be nice if housekeeping, upon cleaning the room, to check to see that the alarm function was in the OFF POSITION? What a pain in the butt!

Finally, the final insult was the breakfast area. When we checked in we were instructed that breakfast items were available in the space behind us. I turned and saw a large table/cupboard and a single window seat. I pivoted back to the check-in guy and remarked, “You’re kidding!” “Oh, no. That’s where it is.”

At about 7 a.m. the next day we showed up and found cereal containers, and milk and yogurt in a large metal bowl containing ice. Some fruit was available as well as juice and coffee. The packaged muffins contained transfat – a no go. Wife and I got milk, juice, coffee, yogurt and instant oatmeal and settled in on the window seat. Soon enough various other guests appeared and the entertainment began! It was like watching Captain Kangaroo all over again and with multiple versions of The Banana Man! Persons stuffed their pants pockets, jacket pockets or bagged the breakfast items. Some performed juggling acts to befit America’s Got Talent!

After some minutes the redundant entertainment grew tiresome. We finished our breakfast, and I swear, it was almost like camping…eating in a haphazard physical location more or less on the run. There is absolutely no way we would schlep our items to our room whether in the same building or the other, across the parking lot. Come on!
Blessedly a Krispy Kreme facility was nearby so we topped off the tank with a couple of free donuts and a few jelly-filled. (I know that these puppies were deep fried in god-knows-what, but talk about comfort food after a disappointing breakfast experience.

This was our first and last stay with a Towne Place Suites facility. I know they are still in the midst of a remodel, yet why didn't they flip one of the rooms near the office into a decent breakfast/gathering area?

You are warned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank idemandthebest
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for your very descriptive account of your stay with us! I wanted to take a few moments and address each of the areas where you've expressed concern. As for not being able to accommodate your top floor request, its unfortunate because we do try to meet all the requests of our guests if within our control, however in this case, our 3rd floor (our top floor) in the building where your room was, is currently under renovation and has been for several weeks now and therefore was out of order and unavailable for guests to stay on. As for the dark bathroom, I am honestly surprised to hear this comment; probably the first time in 7 years that I have. However, we are going to be updating the lighting in our suites at a later phase in our renovation so maybe that will help to improve it. As for the bathtub, had we known this we could have had our maintenance department take a look at it prior to you leaving the hotel. I do apologize for the alarm! I know how extremely frustrating that had to have been for you and your wife and I have discussed it with our housekeeping team because this is something that they are supposed to be looking at when cleaning a room after a check out. I sincerely apologize for you being woken up because of something one of my team members should have caught prior to you occupying your suite. And last but certainly not least, your breakfast! I understand your comments and it is exactly what is described on our websites; "grab and go." Our hotel was not designed with a breakfast room or space and therefore the breakfast offerings that we are available to offer are limited. Because each of our rooms come with a completely stocked full kitchen, a lot of our guests utilize it by purchasing their own groceries. However, for those who don't we try to provide something. We offer exactly what Marriott says we should. So I am not sure how we could have made that experience better for you other then you being made more aware of what exactly "grab and go" meant prior to your arrival. I do appreciate your comments however, it gives me the opportunity to address them since you did not bring any of this to our attention while staying with us and apologize for the inconvenience and displeasure you experienced during your stay!
I do hope the rest of your year is pleasant and again, thank you for your time and your feedback!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is located in a business park area in Fenton, MO. Since it was close to my office, it was a great location for me. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff was friendly and the included breakfast was sufficient. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to the Fenton area for business. As for a leisure trip to St. Louis, I think you could find a closer location, as this is about 20-30 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that you found our location convenient for your work and that you found your accommodations clean and our staff friendly! We truly appreciate your honest feedback and certainly hope that if your travels find you back in our area that you come stay with us again!

Warmest Regards,
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife, 10 month old, and I stayed here for a weekend trip to St. Louis. The first thing I noticed is that the hotel is in a somewhat odd location. It is near lots of industrial buildings and the direction we were coming from required for us to go through some loops on the highway to get to the hotel. There was not much around the hotel so everything required a bit of a drive. We found a nice shopping mall (West County Center) about 10 minutes away and the tourist attractions (Arch, zoo, The Loop, and Basilica) we visited were about a 20 minute drive.
The staff were very nice and explained breakfast hours and inquired about our stay and made some helpful suggestions. The cleaning lady checked up on us in the morning and changed our trash liner and gave us some fresh towels.
The room itself was very clean and had a modern look. The kitchen was small but had most of the essentials. There was a fridge, stove, dish washing machine, plates, cups, etc. We were very glad for the dish washing machine because we had lots of baby bottles from our son that needed cleaned daily and this would have proven very difficult in a typical hotel. The bed was queen size and very comfy.
There must have been a family with some kids next to us because one morning we awoke to a child having a tantrum. We have an infant though so it was not really a big deal for us. We did not go swimming while we were there but the pool looked clean and we probably would have used it if we were there for a longer stay. When we visit St. Louis again we will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownePlaceSuites1662, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and honest feedback regarding your stay with us! I truly enjoyed reading and tried to put a face or two with your comments. Just goes to show these reviews are simply 'personal perspectives' regarding events that take place or do not take place during a guests stay. As you can see the traveler before you commented on the pool and the rooms looking old; where you state that the pool looked clean and our rooms had a modern look. We do our best with the product that we have and we push ourselves to go the extra mile for our guests. That comments seems to ring true through all of the surveys that I responded to tonight. I certainly hope that if you and your family ever make it back to our area, that you seriously book your reservation with us! We enjoyed having your with us in our hotel!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night. It was Ok. I would stay again for a one night stay. The property in front of the hotel is being renovated. So, the large dumpsters in front are not that attractive. They had an outage when we arrived. There was no one at the desk. Credit card machines and phones did not work. Check in took a long time. The lobby was small and cramped. Property was clean but also needs a renovation. The "to go" breakfast was good with variety. The pool was outside and did not look that appealing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and honest review regarding your recent stay with us. Although we strive to be above average, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. As for the Fairfield Inn Hotel in front of us, the renovation was wrapped up there about a month ago and the dumpster is now removed. Unfortunately, when you renovate, dumpsters are a necessity and there is no way around it. We also are in the beginning stages of our renovation now at the TownePlace Suites. Alot of changes and improvements will be taking place over the 2nd half of the year. Please make a note, to come back and visit us after we've had our facelift; hopefully you'll find us 'average' no more!
Kelly Galloway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!