“Great value”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Mission Hills, Kansas
“Great value”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having two small children, staying in a hotel room with 2-bedrooms and a small kitchen is perfect! This was our second time in this hotel and third time in a TownePlace Suites. The rooms are small and I thought our carpeting was dirty, but overall we were pleased. The hotel actually has two buildings and access to the lobby is cumbersome with doors in odd places. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The location, near a business park, is very convenient to I-44. They only have a small outdoor pool next to the parking lot. Despite its limitations and oddities, the hotel is perfect for our needs when we go to St. Louis.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building for indoor access to breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Missouri
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you need to live in a motel for a while or just stopping in for the night this is a great motel. They have a full size kitchen including all the plates, pots/pans etc. They also have a dishwasher so you can clean up after dinner or the staff will run the dishwasher for you. The internet service was very good. You can get a double room with separate bedrooms. It is close to the heart of St. Louis but you have a good secure feeling. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family took a small vacation this summer to St. Louis. I didn't want to spend tons of money eating out every meal, so having the kitchen was fantastic. We were able to go to the store and stock up, so we only ate out once a day while sight seeing. The hotel was in a great spot...away from the craziness of downtown, but close enough to everything that we didn't have to travel more than 20 minutes to get to anything! The only drawback I had was that the beds were not the fluffiest and the pool was kind of small. But, everything else was fantastic!!! I have never had such great customer service. We had an issue with the bathroom (I have two teenage boys..enough said!) and they were willing to move us rooms if need be. It wasn't necessary but the opportunity was there. I spilled my drink on the bed, and they gave me complete new bedding and offered to move us rooms if the mattress was too wet (luckily it wasn't). The person at the front desk gave us a sheet with surrounding stores and restaurants which was nice. Everything was great, and everyone was super nice and helpful!!

Most of all, though, I had a stuffed little lamb that I have carried with me since we lost our baby girl. In the midst of packing up, I didn't realize I didn't grab it. I called Sunday night in tears. They said nothing had been turned in, but they would have the maids check their carts. I called again on Monday, and they were so patient with me! They hadn't found anything yet, but they were still looking. About an hour and a half later, they called saying they had found it!! I have never been so relieved. They had it out in the mail and back in my hands in no time. I am so grateful to everyone who took the time to look for my little lamb and to get it back to me!!!

Room Tip: The suites with the kitchen have less room bedwise, but having the kitchen was worth it!!
1 Thank MichelleDelaneyHarmo
Saint Robert, Missouri
Reviewed August 6, 2012

this is an excellent place to stay for people with a lot of kids and need two rooms. there is a slight out of date kitchen with absolutely no extras with two separate bedrooms and one very small bathroom. it was great for one night but if you are planning to stay more than one night, ask for the bigger room.
Great customer service from Tammy and very clean, just small.

Room Tip: ask for the bigger room.
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not quite what I was expecting. The hotel overall looks nothing like the picture and the room was small, the pool was really small and the breakfast was nothing but some pre-packaged muffins and cereal. Have had much better for the same price.

Room Tip: Not a family hotel.
1 Thank stewart d
Gonic, NH
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at a number of long term lodgings and when you go to cook you can't find a utensil or pan or anything. This location was set up better then some timeshare units. It had the bed on one side and then a divider wall with functional 14-17 cubic ft refrigerator. There was a large and small pan, a frying pan and a large pot for boiling things like spaghetti. The stove had four burners and an oven. There was a microwave. The utensils included everything from a corkscrew, to manual can opener to a new spatula and knifes. There was a work-desk/table that rolled out from under the matching desk and could be moved to eat or spread out large volumes of work. The couch was comfortable with a coffee table between that and the bed. The sink even had a garbage disposal.

The staff was friendly when I arrived, acknowledged my Marriott status and gave me my key without mentioning the room number. All the doors, even from the lobby to rest of the building was key card access. My room was on the second floor just above the pool. Even though it was 106 degrees and the pool was full until 10 PM, my windows blocked out the noise and I was able to complete my work. I had a late evening appointment so I could not cook on this visit, but I will return to this location, alone or with my wife.

The location was odor free. The breakfast was not fancy, but plenty for you to choose and bring back to your room. The three washers and three dryers were very clean and someone must clear the vent houses, because they dried the clothes quickly with no moisture-feel when you opened the dryer to check the clothes. $1.00 per wash and per dry.

This was the least expensive hotel of it's type on this side of St. Louis with great staff, clean and maintained rooms and a fully stocked kitchen to top it off. Just being able to put water, standing up and food in a refrigerator for a night was a benefit.

Room Tip: There are two buildings. Both are secure, but the breakfast is in the main building. If you expect...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I'd like to start by saying Tammy at the front desk is lovely & nothing was too much trouble. Free breakfast, free internet, free printing of Six Flags tickets a clean pool & laundry room were all plusses for this property. The rooms were clean, although Expedia was a little misleading in their description which ended up in our booking a small studio room instead of a room with separate bedroom & lounge.
Having a kitchen was great, although we didn't really use it much in our 3 night stay. The location is a little remote - in an industrial type area about 20km from both the city & Six Flags, but we had a car so no real problem for us.
I'd recommend this place for families or groups of families on a budget. It is priced well & perfectly adequate. If you are looking for luxury though, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you book with Expedia, call the hotel ahead to confirm which type of room you have chosen.
1 Thank Judi W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!