“Delicious brunch”

Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Fenton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We arrived at 11:00 am for a mid-morning snack. We were going to just get a sweet to go, but we noticed the outdoor seating (albeit in a parking lot) and decided on the french toast ($4.75) for half order, instead. It was excellent! The two large half slices of bread were topped with real whipped cream and raspberries and blackberries. It came with wonderful syrup and lemon curd for a topping. Excellent presentation. We enjoyed the atmosphere. I suggest coming off-hours as lunchtime gets crowded. The employees are extremely courteous. There is a wonderful selection of bakery choices. Can't wait to go back and try something else. Prices may be a little high, but considering everything is made from scratch, it is well worth it!
While the Macklind site is open Sundays, we were disappointed to find that the Fenton one is not. I hope that changes.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We always visit Russell's when in St. Louis visiting family and it is never a disappointment. Since our last visit they have moved to a larger space in the same building which is nice as there is a little more room to enjoy yourself. It always seems to get busy here at lunch so make sure to come early. The food is always delicious but the desserts are the things to try. We always have to get a piece of gooey butter (don't ask, just try) which we have to split as it is a huge serving. The cookies are also great and this time we also tried their turtle brownie which also did not disappoint. Rest assured you can't leave this place stuffed to the gills but happy.

1  Thank Junker79
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything in this place is scratch made, except the bread which is sourced from a local bakery. The sandwiches and salads are uniformly delicious. The special snack items and mac/cheese are gourmet on a budget. The decor is comfortable, the staff helpful and courteous. The stars of the show are the bakery items, with the gooey butter cake being the best in the city where it was born. The port wine chocolate cake and the carrot cake have both won awards for best dessert at the St Louis Art Fair. What a wonderful local eatery!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My timing avoided the busy lunch hour. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and informative. The food arrived very quickly. The restaurant is expanding and adding a second location in South St. Louis City. I wish it were moving to West County. The current location is rather remote but worth the drive for a return visit. I live 15 miles away. I ordered the pork tenderloin, brie, and apricot sandwich which was served warm. It was served with a bag of Billy Goat Chips. The sandwich was a nice-sized portion. I tried to save half for later, but it was too good to wait. The gourmet chips were excellent and a pleasant change from other delis/bakeries. They are a little greasy and salty, but those are two important qualifications for a good potato chip for me! I ordered the meal as a carry-out and was pleased to see no one forgot napkins and had cut the sandwich in half. The restaurant was very clean. I noted that they also do catering. I sampled the gooey butter cake while I waited and almost became powerless to avoid buying a slice. The serving size appeared to be about a four inch square, 1/2 inch high. Price points on all items seemed a little high compared to the St. Louis standard Bread Co. My sandwich was $8.50. I noticed an option for 1/2 sandwich plus salad, but the sandwich variety was limited. Wish they expanded those choices.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live a short distance from Russells in Fenton, my daughter and I have eaten there several times. The food is delicious and the desserts are out of this world. The cafe is small and can get very busy and loud during the lunch hour, but it's unique and a fun place to eat. The menu items are a little high priced, but if you're wanting something different and healthier than fast food, I recommend Russells.