“horrible”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Rolla, Missouri
“horrible”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

stayed at this hotel because it was close to six flags and that was the only good think about it! it was so dirty mattresses had stains the bed itself was so dirty i am not sure how they pass inspections...it had no amenities like a hair dryer, iron, coffee maker things you take for granted in most hotels. it had no breakfast the lady who checked me in was rude and more worried about visiting with the previous guest than take care of me she kept making faces and gestures like i was taking up her time or something it was a bad experience all around i would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The motel is not brand new, the beds are a little lumpy, but the people and the safety are a big factor for me. Plus no bugs! The lady when i checked in was very nice..she tried to accommodate all who came in. There was a show of the police department...they drove through checking on people..quiet..nice small clean pool I am staying extra nights here..because I am traveling alone and i feel safe. She made sure my Wyndham number was on my reservation and i got the best available rate.Yes I will stay here again..room clean..bed clean..tub was clean...i did not have to lug my luggage up a huge set of stairs..they were all willing to help.

Room Tip: had a room 2 door down from the pool was so nice and not loud!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Adrienne Y
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here! Spend the extra money and go down the street to somewhere else. All the employees looked like they were doped up. Room was dirty. Trash still in there. Blood on the bathroom wall. Toliet wouldn't stop running. Heat took forever to get warm. The sheets had burn holes in them. Just don't. Place is so ghetto.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Towritelove

Travelers are raving about these Fenton hotels

Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2012

i really look for drive-up motels so unloading & loading my stuff isn't such a hassle. this was relatively quiet and was only $45. you can't expect much, and i didn't. kinda gross and the towels are ridiculously small and thin. but, on a long road trip...if you just want to sleep/shower and get out early...this is fine! lady in the lobby was nice enough...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Missouri
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was one of the most disappointing Rodeway Inn motels I've ever stayed at. I wouldn't even let my pets stay there. Smellie, limited parking, no shampoo, mattress' riped, felt like I was sitting on the floor, headboard fell off the wall sometime during the night. Could hear voices in room behind mine. BEWARE!
Night clerk very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, OH
Reviewed November 24, 2012

OMG, bugs in room (looked like head lice!!!!!!!!), threadbare sheets with holes, carpet dirty, no hair dryer, old scratchy towels. I used my Choice Hotel Points to get this place, good thing, I would have not paid. Had been driving many hours, was very tired, and just crashed. Such a terrible place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The first thing I should say is that I'm not very picky--a year and a half ago, I gave a four-circle review to a property whose overall reviews are comparable to this one. But this is honestly the worst motel at which I have stayed in at least 25 years.

I've given it an extra circle because the location is quiet, I felt fairly safe, the desk clerk tried to be helpful, and I actually got a really good night's sleep. But there were a lot of negatives...

The first room to which I was assigned seemed OK until the reading lights and the phone didn't work, so I was moved next door. One thing I noticed was that no shampoo was provided--fortunately, I had brought some with me. Another thing I noticed was that there was a cigarette butt in my garbage can--aside from the fact that it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, it grossed me out a little bit to have someone else's trash in my room.

I thought there was going to be lots of water pressure in the shower until the thing you pull up to switch from the faucet to the shower only got about half of the water to the shower head. At least the water was hot and there was just about enough pressure to take my shower. The linens were barely adequate, but I can't really complain since I slept well. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that the room just wasn't clean.

I guess I had expected Rodeway to be comparable to EconoLodge, but this seemed to be about two levels below. The property is ancient without much pretense about trying to make the best of what they have. And my room was a "queen suite", which you'd think would be one of the nicer rooms.

As I said earlier, I'm not that picky, but I can't think of a circumstance under which I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Motel 6 Fenton? Share your experiences!