“The service was great! The room stunk like dog and smoke...”

Super 8 - Fenton/St. Louis Area
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Fenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were first checked into an occupied room, scary they don't know which rooms are occupied. He gave us a different room, which was horrible. I can't believe this motel is still open. The beds sheets were either dirty or stained and the pillows were yellow without pillowcases. Thank goodness we brought our own bed clothes and pillows .We immediately stripped the beds. Also nothing was clean in the room. The bathroom had pubic hair and dirt build up in corners of floor and a muddy footprint near tub. Everything in the room needs replaced, as its all old and falling apart. The desk chair was broken and the headboard was falling off the wall. The toilet seat needs replaced, there are brown spots on it. The bath tub is old with paint peeling up from bottom, so my 4 year old daughter could not have a bath, only shower. I wouldn't let her sit in tub.The issues that concern me the most is safety and security. We were checked into an adjoining room. The adjoining door didn't close all the way, they simply placed a chair in front of it. The bedside lamps were spliced and extension cord was used, bare wires exposed. This place is unacceptable to be open for business, I don't recommend it to anyone. We ended up staying because it was July 4th weekend and there wasn't any other hotels available in the area and I had already paid for room online. We had our 4year old daughter with us and I felt very uncomfortable with the safety, security, and cleanliness of this property. It needs to be closed down. I am extremely disappointed and will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have never had this poor of an experience at a hotel in my life. I wish I had taken a picture of the splatter on the wall that I had thought was blood (but, we concluded it was probably BM). I am horrified.... I will never stay at a super 8 again.... The phone they had in the room, wasn't even from there hotel!!!!!!! WTH???!??!??!

We left and went to another hotel down the road...

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Fenton hotels

Highland Village
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nothing was "clean" in the sense that someone may have run a rag over it...
All fixtures stained, encrusted, ugly and overly done caulking. Linens old and worn out. Rooms had all been smoking and old stale smoking residue persisted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton

Been to Super 8 - Fenton/St. Louis Area? Share your experiences!