“The worst management team”
Review of Tradition Inn

Tradition Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I ask to speak with the manager, and never heard a response. Rooms out dated, thin walls. Looking to get some sleep go to the holiday inn down the road. You will get much better service. You get what you pay for. I will never step foot in this dump again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank kotto13

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Looks can be very deceiving with this place. Looks good from the outside but once you get inside that's where everything changes! This hotel is straight out of an old '70's movie! The TV's are ancient, the carpet was stained and sticky. Spoke to the front desk clerk (Kathy) who attempted to call the manager but got no answer or return phone call. Moved me to another room but the damage had already been done. Very unprofessional on the Managers part. If this is how they run a hotel and take care of their guests its no wonder the parking lot was empty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jyoohoo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love this hotel and stay here when in the Farmington area. I had unusual circumstances on this trip. Staff was very accommodating in getting me a room and early check in on short notice. As always, rooms are nice, spacious, clean, and comfy; reasonably priced. Was advised that the room did not have a fridge or microwave; however, was assured these items would be placed in the room for me. Never was told there would be an extra charge. Didn’t realize until later that I had been charged $10 for each item. Absolutely ridiculous! I sent the motel an email asking them to reverse these outrageous charges. Thus far, no response or action. As upset as I am about this, I will stay there again because it is the best place in Farmington (not many great choices there). Just implore the management to be more upfront about extra charges for commonly expected amenities these days. Be safe and courteous on the road fellow travelers; prayers for safe travel for all, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - nazareanmissions.org

Room Tip: Never had a bad room there yet. Be sure to confirm if they will charge for common amenities such as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rev Bill C
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The staff here was so very kind and helpful. We lost our home to a fire, and during this extended stay the staff and management were the kindest people we have ever dealt with.
And I want to say there was 1 special Lady that made our stay the most enjoyable, Mrs Mary, You were the sweetest, kindest lady I have met IN YEARS! I wrote a personal letter to the management stating how they went above and beyond any expectation we had ever had. And employees like her need recognizition and her smiling friendly attitude made us all look forward to breakfast and just all around hospitality!
If you ever need a Very clean, friendly, and hospitable place to stay do not hesitate to go there.
The adjoining restaurant has amazing food and awesome servers!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I only stayed here one night but was greeted by a member of the staff the moment I walked in the front door. I had left another hotel that same night after a bad experience and they made me feel really comfortable. The staff was very friendly and was helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious and had everything you could possible need. There is a restaurant there that makes it easy for you to get a bite to eat and relax. I do a lot of traveling with my job now and will be staying there at least once a month. Thanks for making my stay a great one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks in January for job training and my expectations were met and exceeded. The staff was always friendly and prompt whenever any issue arose. The rooms were comfortable and roomy, though some were more updated than others (as a training group we were moved to different rooms each week). I would have prefered that we were kept in the same rooms the entire time though, the first room I was given was fantastic and the most comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was always hot and ready, the ladies that worked the area were a joy to spend time with as we waited for our training classes to begin (especially Mary, what a hoot!). More lighter choices would have been welcome though, such as fruit or oatmeal. Lunch and dinner were always prompt, hot, and tasty. The ladies got to know all of us quickly and had our usual drinks and condiment requests ready and waiting for us.

The only issues I experienced was the hotel had recently switched cable service and it wasn't working properly at first but they had it fixed in a day or two. Also, the room televeisions did not have all the channels you could watch in the lobby which was dissappointing. In addition, some of the older rooms needed a little sprucing up. After spending the first week in the updated area it was a bit of a let down to spend the rest of the time in the older section.

Overall I was extremely happy with the service and accomidations provided at Tradition Inn and would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel are newly renovated and have extremely comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spent 2 nights here with friends. The rooms were very nice and the staff was great. We attended the Frosty Brewfest while we there and it was a blast!! Spokes Bar and Grill is connected to the Inn and is a great place to eat and spend the evening. We plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
Fort Davidson Hotel
Fort Davidson Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pilot Knob

Been to Tradition Inn? Share your experiences!