“"BEST PLACE TO STAY"”
Review of Tradition Inn

Tradition Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I only stayed here one night but was greeted by a member of the staff the moment I walked in the front door. I had left another hotel that same night after a bad experience and they made me feel really comfortable. The staff was very friendly and was helpful. The rooms were very clean and spacious and had everything you could possible need. There is a restaurant there that makes it easy for you to get a bite to eat and relax. I do a lot of traveling with my job now and will be staying there at least once a month. Thanks for making my stay a great one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks in January for job training and my expectations were met and exceeded. The staff was always friendly and prompt whenever any issue arose. The rooms were comfortable and roomy, though some were more updated than others (as a training group we were moved to different rooms each week). I would have prefered that we were kept in the same rooms the entire time though, the first room I was given was fantastic and the most comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was always hot and ready, the ladies that worked the area were a joy to spend time with as we waited for our training classes to begin (especially Mary, what a hoot!). More lighter choices would have been welcome though, such as fruit or oatmeal. Lunch and dinner were always prompt, hot, and tasty. The ladies got to know all of us quickly and had our usual drinks and condiment requests ready and waiting for us.

The only issues I experienced was the hotel had recently switched cable service and it wasn't working properly at first but they had it fixed in a day or two. Also, the room televeisions did not have all the channels you could watch in the lobby which was dissappointing. In addition, some of the older rooms needed a little sprucing up. After spending the first week in the updated area it was a bit of a let down to spend the rest of the time in the older section.

Overall I was extremely happy with the service and accomidations provided at Tradition Inn and would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel are newly renovated and have extremely comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spent 2 nights here with friends. The rooms were very nice and the staff was great. We attended the Frosty Brewfest while we there and it was a blast!! Spokes Bar and Grill is connected to the Inn and is a great place to eat and spend the evening. We plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have been coming to Farmington Mo for several years twice a year. We stayed at a few different motels and finally found the one for us. Every aspect of the motel is just the way you want to be treated while away from home. The room-the people that work here and the amenities are great. Rooms are very spacious and clean and the bed just puts you right to sleep. If you are near the town of Farmington Mo try the Tradition Inn for a very satisfactory nights stay. You will be very happy

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room looks just like the photo, but the bed isn't as comfortable as I'd hoped. The workout facilities were in an open area that I can only assume is also the breakfast area. The check in girl was nice and fast, the girl at the restaurant was good - although my companion requested their dinner in the bar with his friends, and it wasn't so they had to carry food in to the bar. I've been sick, so I asked for mine "to go" which was just her handing me the plate to take to my room. No little box and I was stuffing all the extras in my pockets!
The rooms are not quiet. I've heard several people talking, doors shutting, stomping up and down the hallway, and the microwave "dinger" going off in the exercise/breakfast room (?).
The shower is outdated but the actual experience was great just wish the temp wouldn't vary so much. The only thing I don't like about the room is where the carpet/marble meet. I just hit it in my bare feet and ended up on my bum!!! That hurt a LOT!!
I went to the front desk manager, not to report this, but to ask for milk (I'm sick & wanted it to settle my stomach and for the pain pills). The for t desk man was NOT friendly or helpful. The little "gift shop" in the lobby was locked, the bar had closed, and it is not yet breakfast. In every hotel ive stayed, from Super 8 to Park View, have ALWAYS offered to either turn on the machine, open the door and sell me the milk, or come up with some on-site solution. This man sees me there, visibly shaking and obviously in pin, and his only suggestion was to walk to the convenience store. In my sickness and pain.
So yeah, the service swayed my opinion by this one guy. Just looked me up & down, and said go buy it off site. I had $$ for it. Always do! Apparent,y, he simply didn't want to unlock the fridge or milk machine, for me.

Room Tip: There's a spa? Nobody mentioned it upon check-in. Perhaps it was hiding in that room somewhere...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We felt so bad after booking this on line we slept in our clothes since it was too dirty. Very badly out of date! Would not recomend. Added to the discomfort the people in the hall and other rooms seem to be fighting all night

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 67Julie14
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Thought the pricing was too high compared to others in the area. Lots of noise from hallway & adjoining rooms. I could hear doors banging from the hallway. I could conversation from hallway and room next to us. I could hear the next room running water, flushing toilet, & their conversation. Staff was not friendly or helpful. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel20151959
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington
Fort Davidson Hotel
Fort Davidson Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pilot Knob

Been to Tradition Inn? Share your experiences!