“Bet you cant find this Hotel”

Crown Pointe Lodge and Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm not kidding, you either have to have a very accurate GPS navigation system or you have to have a good sense of direction to find this place, but it is a great place to stay on the Golf Course in Farmington, Missouri. I had picked up a brochure about it the last time I was in town, but I did not find it that time. The next time I was determined to find it and I was glad that I did. Clean, modern and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Barrett L, Front Office Manager at Crown Pointe Lodge and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

First, I would like to thank you for your patience and diligence in finding our business and your commitment to being a customer of ours- even though you had not previously experienced our facilities.

Unfortunately, we do have issues with some guests finding our hotel from time to time because of outdated GPS and navigation websites' directions. I would advise every guest to use Google Maps when looking up directions to our business as it is the most accurate.

I hope, although you experienced some difficulty in finding us, that you would consider staying with us again in the future if you happen to be in the Farmington area. We very appreciate the patronage of all of our customer and pride ourselves on our repeat business/customers!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed a week in the condos in the 4-story building at the opposite end of the fairways from the Lodge. Our first floor condo had clean and spacious rooms with a comfortable bed (we like firm) and a new bed spread; with no noises heard from other guests. The hot breakfasts at the Lodge were very good with some variety each day. There is beautiful view onto the golf course from the breakfast area and Pat was helpful in providing recommendations as to local sites to visit. Condo guests pay $5 for breakfast - not free like Lodge guests - but well worth it. We wanted a central location to make day trips and view the fall colors, visit state parks, wineries, St. Louis and to do some genealogy research in southern Illinois. We did take advantage of the golf driving range and tennis court. The indoor pool looked inviting, but we did not have the time to utilize it. The location and accommodations were perfect for our purposes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrett L, Front Office Manager at Crown Pointe Lodge and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review the Crown Pointe Links Resort and the amenities that you got to experience at Crown Pointe Lodge. Pat is an excellent member of our staff and is a shining example to all employees.

We hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

we stayed october 6th and 7th. Great golf and very nice hotel rooms. Breakfast was good but Pat the hostess was the best. We had an issue with a late phone call about a remote control for the tv in the lobby but the hotel management handled it and we were all pleased. We will certainly stay again. golf course was in great condition and the staff was great also>

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Barrett L, Front Office Manager at Crown Pointe Lodge and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

We enjoyed having your group, Mr. Patterson! Thank you for your kind review and your patronage. Pat is a valued member of our team and we've enjoyed having her. I will pass along to her your nice review of her work as well. I apologize again for any inconveniences your group had endured, but was happy to correct that mistake for you! We look forward to seeing your group next year!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I recently sold our home and needed a place to stay for 7 weeks. We landed on Crown Pointe in Farmington and love it! We are staying at the time share building and have a one bedroom place. The room is equipped with 2 tv's, a fully-stored kitchen and nice balcony. We are on the fourth floor and have a corner patio that overlooks the green of a par 3 and the tee box of a par four hole. Since we are four floors up we can also see a good part of the golf course. It is quite relaxing to watch the golfers and enjoy the sunshine. The sunsets are spectacular! I must add a special note about the staff. Every single person we encountered has been friendly and helpful. The second night of our stay, the air conditioner broke down; naturally it was over 100 degrees outside. The hotel management put us overnight in another room while the room we were staying in was being repaired. On top of that, since we are here for 7 weeks, it would be unfortunate for us to have to change rooms. The front desk staff made arrangements for us to remain in the same room for the duration of our stay. How wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Pick the room on the fourth floor with a corner balcony overlooking the 10th hole of the golf course...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Carol for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your husband while you were relocating. I hope your new home is working out very well for you, and yours. We hope that we get to see you all again! If you're looking for a weekend to get away and relax, let us know in advance and we'll set you up with a room and a shuttle to the Crown Valley Winery again!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Group of 10 enjoyed our weekend stay. Friendly staff that was very helpful. Loved the non-smoking facility. Breakfast served hot and cold items and for a "free" breakfast was good. Has a great fireplace with leather sofa and chair that we were able to hang out in the evening. Was close to town and very clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review! We're happy to see that we left a positive impression on you. Crown Pointe Lodge staff hopes to see you again!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place is beautiful and the people were very nice, very helpful. Here are my pros and cons

Pros: Non-smoking through-out. Very clean. Hot breakfasts included. Large rooms and bathrooms. Swimming pool and hot tub. Fitness room, business room, tennis courts and golf course (although we didnt play, as this was winter time!) Very friendly and helpful staff. Great prices!

Cons: Non-smoking through-out (if you're a smoker and going outside isn't ideal for you). Basic rooms - although large, clean, and beautiful - would be so much better if they all included a small fridge and microwave. Travelers sometimes just like to get their food and drinks and chill out in their rooms once in awhile. Two newer beds in one of our rooms were SO HARD! I understand they do that to prolong the life of the bed, but wow! (I do have to say that when I did get to sleep, I slept great and woke without my typical backache. lol)

So that's it. I will definitely be staying here again...and I'm a smoker. I would never have given this place a chance because of the no-smoking policy, but so glad I did.

Room Tip: We had two of the basic rooms. I wrote everything about those two in my review and so I can't co...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CMWright

Thank you very much for taking time to rate our establishment. I'm pleased to see that we were able to impress you enough that you would return, although we're not an in-door smoking facility. In the future I may suggest trying our King Jacuzzi Suite- which does have some of the amenities you mentioned you missed.

The king Jacuzzi Suite features a kitchenette, king size bed, and a Jacuzzi tub. We have also recently upgraded all of our rooms to high definition flat panel televisions. Also, the King Jacuzzi Suite has a beautiful view of Crown Pointe Golf Course.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I think this hotel has a whole lot going for it. The location is great. It is a few miles out of town, so it is quiet. It is on their golf course with a wooded area across the street. The hotel has a nice lobby. The pool looked nice, but felt cold with a toe dip. SO we did not try it. The staff was friendly. The room was well laid out and clean. But the beds were extremely hard. That alone is why we would probably not stay here again. But if they changed the mattresses...we would probably say this was the best hotel in town. All the other hotels are near shopping centers, etc. This one is in a great location. The breakfast only featured cold items...but it was okay and you could see the golf course from the breakfast area. Plus there is a nice fireplace in this room and some sofas. This truly has the potential to be the best hotel. The area near Farmington has tons of great state parks, etc.

Room Tip: You can pay extra for a room facing the golf course. But I would not see the reason to do that. Th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I'm happy to see we were able to please your party in some aspects of your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience or displeasure you may have experience while staying at Crown Pointe Lodge. We have recently updated some of our accommodations to better meet the expectations of our guests. We have updated all of our rooms to flat panel televisions, upgraded our mattress pads, and upgraded our continental breakfast to a hot breakfast, which is still complimentary to hotel guests. We'd be happy for you to return and provide us with some feedback. Thank you for your review and I hope you decide to give us another chance!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
#5 of 6 in Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sainte Genevieve
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Sainte Genevieve

Been to Crown Pointe Lodge and Golf Club? Share your experiences!