“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Amazing friendly staff. General Manager Monika even chatted with us at breakfast and made us feel at home

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoeSeppora789
Monika K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoyed meeting you. We look forward to having you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
high desert, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

It had been over three years since I had stayed at this HIE, but I was more pleased than ever with my experience. The property is wonderfully maintained, the rooms are comfortable, well -appointed and very clean. The breakfast choices are very satisfying and the setting is light and relaxed. Perhaps, best of all, the staff - to a person - is friendly and welcoming. I was very impressed, and I will certainly be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SunnyHIghDesertAZ
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I was very pleased at my check in the front desk clerk was extra nice , she went above and beyond her duties for us , she always had a smile on her face greeted us kindly, and made us feel right at home i believe her name is trina , then the breakfast lady was on it as well the food was great sharron had done a great job, house keeping was prompt and very nice, upon my check out Kathy was very kind and very nice, she thanked us for coming and welcomed us back with a smile , I have nothing but good to say about this hotel , GM & AGM keep up the good work with your crew they all are keepers , a good crew is hard to find but i do believe you have found the right crew .....

Room Tip: the hotel is awesome
2 Thank al f
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is my hometown. I was home visiting family over the Christmas Holiday. I arrived late, and, the staff was very helpful and friendly. They had my room and keys ready.

My room was clean and warm.

Breakfast at Holiday Inn Express in general is very good. This was no exception here. I also noticed that the staff was right on cleaning tables when someone finished. Every place I looked, there was a clean place to sit and enjoy breakfast.

This was a liesure trip for me, so, I was less "on a mission" than I normally am when at a hotel for work. I would most certainly stay here again.

Farmington, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We ran out of room at home. Our local Holiday Inn Express, with its convenient location and great local reputation was my first choice. We were not disappointed. Smooth reservation through checkout process. Cordial staff (working on a holiday), comfortable and clean room, great food, beautiful spacious dining/visiting area. Christmas was made more special this year. Thank you HIE employees.

Laurie, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have stayed here now probably 12 nights over 2 years. Mostly because I have business here in Farmington and don't want to drive to the newer HI in Festus. I really only stay in the HI family of hotels all over the Midwest so I am used to the standard quality. This hotel has extremely hard beds! I actually purchased a 3" memory foam mattress topper that now travels with me specifically for hotels like this one.
The rest of the amenities are good and the hotel is kept clean. Good breakfast for those on the go. If you are a Starbucks coffee fan you won't find one in town...however, there is a great coffee shop almost directly behind the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Do not stay at this HIExpress. The room smelled musty and strange as soon as I walked in. I should have left then, but we headed out for an excursion as planned. Upon returning later in the evening, my kids wanted to go swimming. The pool room is decorated nicely, but the pool was so over chlorinated or something that my eyes watered just trying to sit in there with my kids. The kids only swam for about 15 minutes because the water burned their eyes and throat. We went back to the room so they could shower before bed. My daughter told me after her shower that there was hair on the wall of the shower. I have to assume it was not cleaned before our stay. The bathroom was dirty with crud in the corners.
I figured it was too late to leave that room, but I wanted to. I knew I would not stay for my second planned night. I called the Hampton Inn across the road at 10:00pm that night and stayed there the next night. While sitting in bed making the call and then watching TV, the sheets almost felt damp to me. I don't know why, but maybe it has something to do with the musty smell. DO NOT stay here. It is overpriced and not clean! I recommend the Hampton Inn in Farmington. It's the same price and the rooms are wonderful. The hotel is less than a year old. The staff are very nice at Hampton, too. When I checked out of Holiday Inn early, they did not ask why or try to keep my business. Poor customer service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
Super 8 Bonne Terre
Super 8 Bonne Terre
#1 of 2 in Bonne Terre

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington? Share your experiences!