“Friendly environment”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Friendly environment”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Super 8 in farmington for the last six weeks related to business. This is an excellent hotel and I highly recommend it. The staff, from the front desk clerks to the owner, were very friendly and made my stay as comfortable as possible. They always greeted me with a smile and were eager to meet my needs. My room was always clean and always smelled fresh. Also, they have cable TV. They have a pool which was very relaxing. The breakfast was always fresh and appetizing. In addition, the room prices were very reasonable. Overall, I have been very happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I should have paid more attention to the reviews here, but instead I booked this hotel and regetted it. The whole hotel did stink. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor with no elevator, so you had to wrestle luggage and coolers up stairs. It had been 90-100 degrees for the past few weeks and they had the air conditioning turned OFF. Now I can understand turning it low, but off? We checked in around 4:30 pm, and the room did not cool off comfortably until after 10:00 pm. The pool was not open, so my kids had nothing to do all evening. Our side of the hall was non-smoking, but the other side of the hall was smoking rooms, so the entire hallway smelled like a bar and the smell seeped into our room. The beds and pillows were hard. My husband and I woke up with head congestion the next morning from the cigarette smoke or from something in the room and it's 2 days later and we still don't feel great. The breakfast is a carb feast only, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express behind the Super 8. You might pay more, but it would have to be worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The smell in the hotel lobby is horrible. The receptionist had a problem getting off her personal phone calls to help customers. There were dead bugs lining the steps to get up to the second floor. I can't believe this place is open for business in the shape it is in!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
missouri
Reviewed May 24, 2009

First and foremost, the smell in the entire hotel is awful! Opening the windows does not help. I travel for business and I told my office if this was the only place to stay, i'll sleep in the car. Unfriendly management and clerks. The breakfast was not good at all, warm milk and cold gravy and biscuits. Never again!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank pbinspector
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed in one of their suites for about a week. I was loving the place and had every intention to stay here again sometime in the future for my next trip UNTIL.....
a barking dog moved into the room immediately adjancent to me.

Unfortunately, I will seek another place where they don't allow pets--even if I have to pay more for the room. Like perhaps one of the Bed & Breakfast places.

I would have highly recommended this place if it wasn't for that. If non-stop barking dogs don't bother you while you're trying to watch tv or sleep, then it won't be an issue.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Chicago
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Great Hotel!! everything was new in the rooms, and the service was great. Their free breakfast is delicious and they have everything you need for a great stay. Their employees are friendly and polite. The rooms are very clean, and comfortable, and their pool is so fun and relaxing, I just dont understand the other reviews on this site about this Hotel, its a great place to stay, and i highly recommend it to anyone!!

• Liked — Their service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
perryville, mo
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Stayed in town 1 night for a wedding. Have a small dog, which they welcomed. I was put on the 1st floor near a side door for "potty breaks". The room was clean, but the bathroom had several yucky short hairs in the tub. And the people staying in the room above us I think were practicing for a floor excersize event. We could hear the housekeeping personel vaccuuming in the next room. Overall, it was a cheap place to stay so we would come back. The breakfast was free, but if you have the money, you'd probably be happier dining out.

• Liked — close to restaurants & my destination, allowed my dog
  • Disliked — lumpy pillows & noisy neighbors
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank flowergirl11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
Crown Pointe Lodge
Crown Pointe Lodge
#3 of 6 in Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Farmington? Share your experiences!