“Todd will make your stay right”
Review of Super 8 Farmington

Super 8 Farmington
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Todd, the day shift manager is totally awesome. He offers service that is worthy of a 5Star property. I travel approximately 45 room nights per year for my job and stay in alot of 3-4 star hotels that cannot match the level of service, friendliness and advice that he offers. Before you bash the property, remember first that it is a Super 8, and some of the amenities may not be the level of some of the higher rated hotels which is reflected in great value price you pay. If you want more in Farmington, pony up the bucks and pay for it. If you need a safe, clean place to stay with coffee n some breakfast food without breaking the bank, Stay at the Super 8 and save your money. I've stayed there two occasions this month and felt it was a GREAT VALUE for what you spend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 23, 2012

A group of us took a spring winery trip from Illinois to Missouri and of course didn't want to make the trip back over to Illinois and wanted to stay in a reasonable hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I don't recommend this motel to anybody so if u want a motel in the farmington area i suggest u go to the holiday inn across the street. Here are some details about the worse night sleep and motel stay ever....first of all the rooms are not equiped with the necessities needed...we had 2 towels so i had to go to the desk to get 2 more towels. Then when we went to lay down we realized that we needed more pillows so i had to go get those. Now to the main issues....the room smelled horrible, coffee pot was dirty, the floor and baseboards were gross, walls looked like they were not cleaned in Years with the cig tar running down them (their was even poop on the wall by the toilet paper dispenser), the bathtub had soap scum and hair, air conditioner did not work properly, the bed was like sleeping on a board (worse mattess ever), and last but not least when we told the clerk he said your welcome! Yes that was our stay at farmington super 8!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank hossipher
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night January 19, 2012. As far as price, it was good, but I guess you get what you pay for sometimes. First thing I noticed was the pillows. Definitely had seen better days, scrunched up and looked waded up in cases. Went to desk , girl said they needed to replace all of them. Gave us two that were slightly better, but not much. Also had to get more towels, as we were short. After going back with towels and pillows, discovered kleenex empty. back to the desk. She said the cleaning staff wasn't the best. I seconded that. Dirt and dust around baseboard and bed. I do not have to have luxury, I would pay for that, but do expect clean and at least comfortable linens and pillows.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Our family stayed 3 nights at the Farmington Super 8. We got an excellent rate. These are rooms for thrifty travelers, so they were not overly fancy, but certainly were clean and comfortable and reasonably attractive. Everything worked properly, including the wireless internet. We are non-smokers and did not smell smoke in the hall or in our rooms. Employees were friendly and accommodating. The surroundings were good, with plenty of restaurants and stores right near by. We will definitely stay there again next time we are in the area. Thanks to Todd and the others for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this super 8 JULY21-23. I had read their reviews on it and was really wandering do we really want to stay there? We went ahead and booked and are very glad we did. We were greeted by a man named TODD soon as we wallked in the door. It was really hot outside, and it was nice and cool inside the lobby. I looked around and everything was clean and tidy. We went to our room, I ckecked it out also (as I am a clean freak when it comes to hotel rooms)The room was clean, it smelled clean, i looked out the window of our room the pool was nice and clean.We had breakfast the next morning and the food was fresh and tasted good. the coffee was fresh also. The staff was really pleasant to talk to. and they were keeping everything filled and cleaned at the breakfast room. ROOM WAS CLEAN, The lady named lynn that is the house keeperwas also very nice. She and Todd both told us if there was any thing at all we needed to let them know. We do not normally stay at the super 8 any more as they are not kept clean and smell horrible. i was totally shocked when we got here as to how clean it was. We would stay here again and again as ong as they have workers like todd and lynn taking care of us. They did a GREAT JOB THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS! I say if a person expects butler and room service 24/7 then go to the places where you pay 300-400 bucks a night for all the fancy things. but if ya want just down right friendly atmosphere and good hospitality? then this super 8 is where is where ya need to go. I RECCOMEND SUPER 8 IN FARMINGTON, MO. SEE YA'LL NEXT TIME AROUND :)

Room Tip: tell em the parkers sent ya.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank setfreeatlast7777
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night because it was close to several businesses, they advertised free wireless internet, and we were able to get a discount as members through Entertainment.com. We booked a non-smoking room with 2 Queen beds. The motel hallway smelled of smoke, so I assumed the smoking rooms were on the same wing as the non-smoking rooms. When my wife checked in (I was working a gig), she found several hairs in the tub, meaning it had not been wiped down. The beds were stiff and uncomfortable, and you could feel the mattress springs pressing against your body.

On Saturday morning, I found the continental breakfast consisted of two kinds of cold cereal and lukewarm milk, buscuits and plain milk gravy, bread for toast and bagels, and really horrible coffee ... nothing more. I also tried to connect to their wireless internet with the password the night clerk had given me, but I couldn't even find the network with one of my laptops. The other laptop found it, but the password I had been given would not work. When I complained at the front desk, the desk attendant began asking a few of the people standing around the desk if they knew anything about their wireless internet, and none of them did. They actually started telling me about a few different places around town I could get wireless internet, which was not what I wanted.

When I complained to the manager about the internet and the dirtiness of our bathroom, he apologized but did not offer us anything. In fact, he charged us an extra $20.00 for "late check-out", which was only 12:30 pm. We did not visit the pool or fitness area.

The motel is independently owned and has a license to operate as a Super 8 Motel, so I'm sure they have a lot of wiggle room and are just a Super 8 in name only. Had I known that at the time that I booked it, I would never have chosen to stay here. It will do the trick if all you need is 4 walls, a roof, and a bed, but you can find that for less other places, and for less money. In fact, the group I was working with on Friday night told me about another motel I could have stayed at for about $25 less, but we had already made the reservations.

I'm giving this a 1 out of 5 due to the fact that they promised a couple things that they didn't deliver on, and they made no attempt to make it right.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Quality Inn Farmington
Hampton Inn Farmington
#1 of 6 in Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Farmington? Share your experiences!