“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Farmington
Texas
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Our family stayed 3 nights at the Farmington Super 8. We got an excellent rate. These are rooms for thrifty travelers, so they were not overly fancy, but certainly were clean and comfortable and reasonably attractive. Everything worked properly, including the wireless internet. We are non-smokers and did not smell smoke in the hall or in our rooms. Employees were friendly and accommodating. The surroundings were good, with plenty of restaurants and stores right near by. We will definitely stay there again next time we are in the area. Thanks to Todd and the others for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this super 8 JULY21-23. I had read their reviews on it and was really wandering do we really want to stay there? We went ahead and booked and are very glad we did. We were greeted by a man named TODD soon as we wallked in the door. It was really hot outside, and it was nice and cool inside the lobby. I looked around and everything was clean and tidy. We went to our room, I ckecked it out also (as I am a clean freak when it comes to hotel rooms)The room was clean, it smelled clean, i looked out the window of our room the pool was nice and clean.We had breakfast the next morning and the food was fresh and tasted good. the coffee was fresh also. The staff was really pleasant to talk to. and they were keeping everything filled and cleaned at the breakfast room. ROOM WAS CLEAN, The lady named lynn that is the house keeperwas also very nice. She and Todd both told us if there was any thing at all we needed to let them know. We do not normally stay at the super 8 any more as they are not kept clean and smell horrible. i was totally shocked when we got here as to how clean it was. We would stay here again and again as ong as they have workers like todd and lynn taking care of us. They did a GREAT JOB THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS! I say if a person expects butler and room service 24/7 then go to the places where you pay 300-400 bucks a night for all the fancy things. but if ya want just down right friendly atmosphere and good hospitality? then this super 8 is where is where ya need to go. I RECCOMEND SUPER 8 IN FARMINGTON, MO. SEE YA'LL NEXT TIME AROUND :)

Room Tip: tell em the parkers sent ya.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank setfreeatlast7777
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night because it was close to several businesses, they advertised free wireless internet, and we were able to get a discount as members through Entertainment.com. We booked a non-smoking room with 2 Queen beds. The motel hallway smelled of smoke, so I assumed the smoking rooms were on the same wing as the non-smoking rooms. When my wife checked in (I was working a gig), she found several hairs in the tub, meaning it had not been wiped down. The beds were stiff and uncomfortable, and you could feel the mattress springs pressing against your body.

On Saturday morning, I found the continental breakfast consisted of two kinds of cold cereal and lukewarm milk, buscuits and plain milk gravy, bread for toast and bagels, and really horrible coffee ... nothing more. I also tried to connect to their wireless internet with the password the night clerk had given me, but I couldn't even find the network with one of my laptops. The other laptop found it, but the password I had been given would not work. When I complained at the front desk, the desk attendant began asking a few of the people standing around the desk if they knew anything about their wireless internet, and none of them did. They actually started telling me about a few different places around town I could get wireless internet, which was not what I wanted.

When I complained to the manager about the internet and the dirtiness of our bathroom, he apologized but did not offer us anything. In fact, he charged us an extra $20.00 for "late check-out", which was only 12:30 pm. We did not visit the pool or fitness area.

The motel is independently owned and has a license to operate as a Super 8 Motel, so I'm sure they have a lot of wiggle room and are just a Super 8 in name only. Had I known that at the time that I booked it, I would never have chosen to stay here. It will do the trick if all you need is 4 walls, a roof, and a bed, but you can find that for less other places, and for less money. In fact, the group I was working with on Friday night told me about another motel I could have stayed at for about $25 less, but we had already made the reservations.

I'm giving this a 1 out of 5 due to the fact that they promised a couple things that they didn't deliver on, and they made no attempt to make it right.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

YUMA
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Most friendly, cooperative, management and staff you will ever meet. Best location, close to restaurants, antique shops, movie theater, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc. Very personable service to help with any travelers needs. Bed very comfortable. Could not recommend this Super 8 more highly. I will use it everytime I travel in this area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Super 8 in farmington for the last six weeks related to business. This is an excellent hotel and I highly recommend it. The staff, from the front desk clerks to the owner, were very friendly and made my stay as comfortable as possible. They always greeted me with a smile and were eager to meet my needs. My room was always clean and always smelled fresh. Also, they have cable TV. They have a pool which was very relaxing. The breakfast was always fresh and appetizing. In addition, the room prices were very reasonable. Overall, I have been very happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I should have paid more attention to the reviews here, but instead I booked this hotel and regetted it. The whole hotel did stink. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor with no elevator, so you had to wrestle luggage and coolers up stairs. It had been 90-100 degrees for the past few weeks and they had the air conditioning turned OFF. Now I can understand turning it low, but off? We checked in around 4:30 pm, and the room did not cool off comfortably until after 10:00 pm. The pool was not open, so my kids had nothing to do all evening. Our side of the hall was non-smoking, but the other side of the hall was smoking rooms, so the entire hallway smelled like a bar and the smell seeped into our room. The beds and pillows were hard. My husband and I woke up with head congestion the next morning from the cigarette smoke or from something in the room and it's 2 days later and we still don't feel great. The breakfast is a carb feast only, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express behind the Super 8. You might pay more, but it would have to be worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The smell in the hotel lobby is horrible. The receptionist had a problem getting off her personal phone calls to help customers. There were dead bugs lining the steps to get up to the second floor. I can't believe this place is open for business in the shape it is in!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Tradition Inn
#1 of 6 in Farmington
Super 8 Bonne Terre
Super 8 Bonne Terre
#1 of 2 in Bonne Terre

Been to Super 8 Farmington? Share your experiences!