“Quaint and pleasant.”

Ventana Gourmet Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in a historical downtown district. Bistro type atmosphere with original wood floors, tin ceiling, and brick walls. Owned by two sisters who have brought great flair to their menu with family recipes and ingenuity that appeals to everyone. Serving steaks, pastas, burgers, seafood, and homemade desserts, you will want to come back over and over.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The service was excellent. We had the creamy potatoe soup, sugar burger and the waldorf chicken salad based on other trip advisor recommendations. The creamy potatoe soup was good - had a lot of complex flavor to it. Leeks maybe? The sugar burger is named for the brown sugar glaze on it, which gives it an unusual flavor - not bad, but a little off from my taste. The waldorf salad was good, nothing special compared to others I have had. Of the choices in town, I do believe this is one of the best in a rather limited selection. I liked the piano player. Since we were there during holiday season, she was playing some seasonal songs.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Came in for a late dinner. Really enjoyed our meal. Both the food and the service were excellent. Menu had a good selection of entrees.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The service was absolutely excellent. They had a good variety of food and all our portions were perfectly sized so we could enjoy dessert. My fiancé and I had just gotten engaged prior to dinner there so we were excited and talking about it and the entire staff was giving their congratulations and talking to us. The piano player was great and she played wonderful music that just seemed to fit the evening perfectly. I loved the ambiance and if I hadn't already mentioned, the food was delicious.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The service was great as was the meal. The lobster bisque was the best I have eaten. The steak was tender and cooked perfectly. We went on a Friday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the piano player who was extremely talented.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Title says everything! The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the piano playing in the corner. The music was soft enough we could still talk, yet loud enough everyone could hear!