“"Perfect place for a late lunch"”

Ventana Gourmet Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in a historical downtown district. Bistro type atmosphere with original wood floors, tin ceiling, and brick walls. Owned by two sisters who have brought great flair to their menu with family recipes and ingenuity that appeals to everyone. Serving steaks, pastas, burgers, seafood, and homemade desserts, you will want to come back over and over.
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in late on a Friday afternoon and just wanted something light ... Owner recommended one of their salads and lobster bisque .... It was amazing I chose the spinach salad which was a perfect size and the bisque was excellent ... Enjoyed speaking with the owner in a enjoyable atmosphere ...

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Loved the food - I got the tuna steak and my husband got the sugar burger - both very tasty.
The restaurant is in a beautiful building, old fashioned but stylish.
The chairs could have been more comfortable.
The homemade original cheesecake is a MUST. One of the best I've tasted and I'm crazy about cheesecakes!
The service was great and we were able to take our coffee and cake to the lounges after our meal.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

A charming place in an old downtown building with brick walls and high tin ceilings. The service was incredibly friendly and our lunch was excellent. The grilled veggie sandwich was outstanding.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I eat here regularly. Ventana's is sister owned and operated. They are always there to greet everyone. Hustling and bustling and serving excellent food. True blue steak salad is my favorite lunch choice, followed by the pasta dishes and burgers.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The food here is pretty good. It usually is our number one choice of restaurants in Excelsior Springs. I particularly like the burgers, and but I have liked everything there. Homey but good. Service always good.