“worst burger in my life”
Review of Outpost Grille - CLOSED

Outpost Grille
Reviewed January 1, 2014

is not my first time here, I went back here to see if it got any better. I had good service the waitress was very prompt. I ordered the Kahuna to go, when I got home the burger was very sloppily fixed. I go to eat it it had no flavor whatsoever. For 2 half pound burgers, pepper jack cheese, bacon and all the extras including eggs. This sandwich had no flavor, I would absolutely not ever go back to this place to eat again.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Friday night, probably 4 tables were full, we asked to sit in the back by the bar and were told it was packed! there were only 3 tables full back there, so i was made to sit where I was very uncomfortable. We ordered the fish dinner, it was just a tone away from black, don't know what they fried it in! The garlic toast was sooooooo gross like they burned the garlic butter before even spreading it on the bread to bake it. I had been there 3 times before, once I ordered eggs that came with garlic in them (kack!), then another time i had a slice of chocolate pie and someone sprinkled nutmeg on top of the whipped cream! I am an excellent cook and know how to properly spice each dish, I will eat at home!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The service was good but did not like the nacho appetizer. Was missing quite a bit of taste. However I can not say enough about how tasty and huge their burgers are! So good!!!! Cant say much about the decor either. All in all, a dive, with awesome burgers!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

They tell you in their advertising they cook everything fresh,so some said service a little slow, so ok but food we ordered on Monday night was fantasticly good. Great MO. Style pork tenderloin sandwich, maybe best I ever Had. Good Cold draught beer, and my wife had quesodias , which she wanted te recipe for so she could copy at home in Texas were she is from. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First turn off....the one waitress "yells, sit wherever you want" then after 10 min she finally comes to give us a menu and asked what we wanted to drink. Very slow service on a slow night, Tue @ 6:30. Maybe 3 other parties there. Witnessed a party of 4 come in and leave 15 min later. It would be safe to assume it was because no waitress came to their table. The food was very slow to being served then it was barely warm and the steak was well done, not medium rare as ordered. Overheard other customers complaints that they were not pleased with the service or food as well. We are new residents to Excelsior Springs and are trying out the "local" restaurants. It is safe to say we will NOT be coming back to this one. Save your money and time and try a different place.I honestly don't see how they stay in business. I drive by here every day and never see more than 2 to 3 cars in the parking lot. It's disappointing as we focus on supporting the local eateries in the town.

1  Thank Solarheatenergy