Inn on Crescent Lake
The Elms Hotel and Spa(Excelsior Springs)
$149
$53
Priceline
$159
TownePlace Suites
All reviewspaddle boatsgarden roombed and breakfasthot tubkissing pointromantic getawaycouple's massagetuscany suitethe main househonor barbreakfast was deliciousstuffed french toastrow boatkansas citypool houseclose to homegreat place to get away
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My Husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in The Cottage at the Crescent Lake Inn, and it was a very nice and relaxing stay. The accommodations were phenomenal, very comfortable, clean and complete with everything we could need and more! The grounds were beautifully maintained and the ambiance of the entire property was very serene. Our Hostess, Beverly was so beautiful and meticulous, and it was very clear that she valued her guests' experiences and went out of her way to make our stay rememberable.

Room Tip: The Cottage was definitely the best choice because of the spaciousness and the solitude. All of the rooms are exquisite, but if we stayed in the mansion our choice would have been the Ballroom because of the decor.
1  Thank DeShanta
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the B&B this past weekend and really did not know what to expect because this was our (my husband and I) first time visiting a bed and breakfast. The Inn at Crescent Lake definitely set the standard high and the overall hospitality was great. Our stay was absolutely amazing and we had a a wonderful time. Since our arrival, the host Beverly was very accommodating and she has such a cheerful and energetic presence. Beverly and her husband really try to get to know you as a person rather than just a guest at their B&B. They truly try to make you feel as if you were at home and make your stay comfortable. The staff was wonderful and was always willing to help us with our requests. We stayed in the Tuscany Suite which is very large and private with its own hot tub in the room. The experience was very relaxing in a stress-free environment and filled with plenty of things to do while at the Inn plus they give you recommendations of what to do for the small town close by. We enjoyed fishing, paddle boating, watching movies, relaxing, eating at the recommended pizza winery and restaurants downtown, and had fun as a couple which really helped us reconnect. We really enjoyed the stay and would come again as well as recommend it to others. Living up to the saying of "rest, relax, and rejuvenate" Thank you!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently had my small wedding (45 ppl) at this facility and the entire planning process of making payments and picking flowers and cake flavors went very smoothly. However, once the event began, things started to get weird. For instance, we already knew that unless we purchased a keg, we would have to pay a $50 corkage fee for any bottled beer we brought in. The two dads brought their own specialty beer, a 6-pk of Chelada and Guinness, to put into our 'approved cooler', but were quickly told that these beers were 'not approved' and the bride would have to be spoken to about this. Also, when one of our overnight guests was about to take a friend to see her room, again Beverly swooped in with an, "Absolutely not. Only approved guests are allowed past the staircase- no exceptions". But the kicker of the night was when 2 friends who RSVP'd didn't show up, and two family members that didn't RSVP did arrive, they were asked to leave since their names weren't on the place cards. I didn't know this until after the wedding, and it broke my heart, as well as illicited the only curse words I have ever heard from my husband's grandpa in the whole time I've known him. I understand the need to be 'on top of it' when hosting an event, but this ventured into a level of frantic micromanagement that left many guests feeling uncomfortable. In fact, I found out later that guests were referring to her as the "wedding nazi". From a service standpoint, the only saving grace of that night was Beverly's husband Craig, who was so relaxed and friendly to all our guests, and did not treat them as an imposition or liability. Also, heard after the wedding, "Why were there pictures of Beverly's wedding all over your reception room?"; "She told us we couldn't order a pizza when the wedding ended because they don't deliver after 10pm, but the pizza place told us no problem"; and "Is she on speed?". Needless to say, I feel really bad about the level of service my guests received, and still see the value of the venue for a romantic getaway for two, but certainly not for an event.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bluebirdie2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I arrived Tuesday afternoon and I was greeted by Beverly, the owner of this magnificent property. The property is right off the main road coming into Excelsior Springs but it is so secluded you could almost think you were way out in the country. The warm welcome and the ambience of the house captured me immediately. I stayed with another friend in the cottage and found the cottage to have all the comforts of a home away from home. The morning breakfasts were so delectable. Craig and Beverly are wonderful hosts and bent over backward to make sure each detail of our stay was according to our liking. I do recommend this lovely B & B for anyone wanting a day, or a week away from the rat-race of the world. Also,the short trip into the main downtown of Excelsior Springs adds so many fun places to shop, eat and be entertained.

Room Tip: Cottage is spacious for groups so you have your own 'special area' to gather and visit without disturbing other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat F
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here in The Ballroom for our 8 year anniversary and it was an absolutely perfect weekend! The accomodations were fantastic and the staff was very personable. We will definitely be back! If you get a chance, be sure to check out the various photo albums in the living room. You will leave feeling like you've known the owner, Beverly, for years.