“Just for business”
Review of The Elms

The Elms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Elms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Regent and Kansas City Ave
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed there for business because of the convenience of the location. I did not get to try the spa facilities. It is a beautiful property in an area without much going on, especially in the winter. The room was small, but nicely detailed. No where to sit other than the desk chair. I think I will try it out for a recreational stay some time.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Elms for her birthday and ate hear Friday night. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice but the food and service was terrible. I had a Ribeye and my wife had the salmon. It took forever to see a waitress when you needed something. We got our food and my steak was cooked well done and it should of been medium rare, I mean how can you over cool it that much when you spend $30 on a ribeye, I can get a better steak at Texas road house. I got a pitiful apology and all they comped me for was a beer. And when my wife was all done with her salmon they brought my steak out 20 minutes later, and while my wife watched me eat the waitress never came back to get her anything. Let's say I will never go back there and the waitress got a terrible tip.

1  Thank Shkunze
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family celebrated birthday dinners at 88 at the Elms. The food is innovative and delicious, but be prepared to pay $30/plate. While the food was excellent, quantities varied by entree. We will definitely return and hopefully be prepared for the sticker shock when the tab arrives.

1  Thank KrisTravelsOften
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My large family enjoyed every minute of this lovely brunch. The food was tastefully done and the variety was excellent.

1  Thank keegans_mom61
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We came in for a late lunch after a late night of driving the night before. The waitress was pleasant although she entered our order incorrectly. It ended up taking about 40 minutes for one salad, a bowl of soup, and two mini cheeseburgers to come out. This wouldn't surprise me much if it was a busy restaurant, but I kid you not, we were the only four people in the entire place. My 2 year old daughter became so restless after 30 minutes of waiting that I took her into the lobby to run around. When I made my way back to the table I noticed through the kitchen door that there were two cooks standing around doing nothing and the head chef was having a conversation with someone in the lobby. The waitress finally brought our food out and the salad was wrong (she had subbed baby lettuce for spinach- oops, I'm allergic to lettuce) and the chicken on the salad was undercooked. The entire experience at the restaurant was unfortunately disappointing given the prestige of the hotel. For dinner we went to a cafe off of Broadway in Excelsior Springs and it was wonderful.