We returned to the Elms to celebrate our 11th wedding Anniversary. We actually stayed here on our honeymoon.
The renovations are breathtaking. The rooms are beautiful and up to date.
We had the one King bed regular room. (Groupon) To my surprise it was amazing! Big flat screen TV on the wall (even though we never turned it on), a KEURIG with coffee and teas, a Sony 'Dream Machine' iPod/iPhone alarm clock radio, plenty of wall outlets, a small desk with big oversized mirror. I could go on and on.
We knew to book the spa early. We each had the Signature Rose Petal Vichy Scrub. Highly recommended!! We had this same service 11 years ago, and it is still one-of-a-kind!!! The Grotto was phenomenal. The steam shower was an amazing experience! If you can get up enough nerve, you take the 'Cold Plunge' shower right after. We spent about an hour in the Grotto, and felt that was just enough time. It also had a HUGE rectangular hot tub, dry sauna, and steam sauna.
We wandered the hotel for a little bit. Just to see what changes have been made since we where here last. There was a wedding being set up for the next day in the gazebo. The outside pool is nicely sized and there is also a hot tub out there. The inside pool was gorgeous! But I have to admit, it's in an awkward location. And the chlorine was overbearing.
As we walked the halls we noticed that there's just something about this hotel. We didn't know if it was the history behind it and all the famous people who visited here, or just our sentimental value.
If you plan to come to the Elms, read about its history. Take in all the original woodwork and designs from when it was rebuilt in 1912.
Also, I must mention the restaurant. I felt that it was over priced, and not that big of a selection. If you want some local food, go to Wabash BBQ, literally a block away. It's amazing. And if you're lucky, they have a Live band on the weekends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An iconic destination for than more 125 years, The Elms Hotel & Spa is renowned for its beautifully appointed Excelsior Springs accommodations, lavish amenities, lovely grounds and standard-setting service. Throughout its storied history, The Elms has been frequented by celebrities, politicians, and notorious persons alike, earning international fame and establishing itself as an integral part of Excelsior Springs history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Elms Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elms Hotel Excelsior Springs
- Elm Resort