The Elms Hotel and Spa
$147
$133
Hampton.com
1,034 results
All reviewsghost tourindoor lap poolhot tubgrotto areaal caponesteam saunaparlor suitememory foamquiet roomkansas cityrelaxing weekendfifth floorgirls weekendwedding partywabash bbqexfoliationpeppermint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here as a belated Valentines celebration and our 6 months together. The place looks fabulous. Although I gotta say I do miss all the marble in the Main lobby. It gave the place a feel of "Elegance" The added Grotto in the Spa area is Fabulous! From the "steam shower, cold shower splash, Big soaking hot tub to the wet sauna and ending with the dry sauna what an experience to remember! SOOOO RELAXING AND COMFORTABLE!

The updated rooms are very nice and the beds! WOW! Very comfortable!

I would not recommend eating in the Hotel. Over priced and quality is poor.

I do suggest that you take a walk down the street and eat at the Wabash BBQ for lunch or even dinner and for breakfast head up to the Old Mill Restaurant!! Both very reasonably priced!

One more thing, after you check out on Sunday, head down to the Mercantile, it's down around the corner in a adjacent town called Willow Springs. They have wine tasting and live music ( one man band) on the weekends!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that are near the elevators or you will be hearing "dings" and the running elevator all night. Also try and stay in the wing with the "suites" much quieter too!
1  Thank Solarheatenergy
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent renovations, knowledgeable staff and just far enough away to help a mom and dad get some relaxing time away from our three wonderful children. My wife got to rejuvenate in the gorgeous spa and together we wondered through the Grotto, enjoyed an excellent dinner and just enjoyed a comfortable night away. Highly recommend the packages that include spa treatments.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Let me start with the good part - the spa. My husband and I had the rose petal scrub with included a vichy massage. Emily did mine. She was great. She explained before we started so I would know what to expect. It was both invigorating (scrub) and relaxing (vichy massage). I do not remember my husband's therapist's name but he said she did a great job as well. The spa manager, Seth, made our appointments and made sure we had time to relax in the Grotto too.

Room - now for the bad parts. The room was spacious enough especially for an older building. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable and the air conditioning/heater unit was loud. You could also hear everyone in the hallway as they were coming and going.

88 Restaurant - I was excited about the restaurant based on the reviews. I was disappointed. I ordered the salmon which was dry. The veggies it came with were not enough to fill me up. In fact, I still felt hungry after finishing my dinner. My husband had the duck. He said it was tough and that the sides were not well-seasoned. We both rated dinner below-average. It was certainly not fine dining.

Cafe - we had breakfast at the cafe. The food was fine but we had to wait for the barista. We were not the only ones. I think they may had had him working elsewhere too so I don't think it was his fault.

Overall, we would not go back for the hotel or restaurant but would go back for the spa.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just came home from a great trip to The Elms with my friend. Driving up was funny - you're passing farms and enter this small town with ramshackle houses, wondering if you're in the right place when the lovely old stone building appears! The hotel is completely remodeled & the spa is newly re-opened. We spent an amazing afternoon in The Grotto & had great massages! We felt like Jell-o when we left! So luxurious & peaceful! The 88 Restaurant was less than impressive - the food was way too pricey & too "earthy." I'd trade my $27 chicken for Wabash Depot BBQ any day! Great night's sleep on a memory foam bed! I am looking forward to a return trip with my husband or friends!

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Amy F
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first trip to The Elms..It was very relaxing. The 88 Restaurant was upscale but very casual .
The town had a few cute little shops, the water works museum was interesting. We dined one evening at a restaurant in Excelsior Springs with wonderful piano music. We'll be back to the Elms.

2  Thank Linda F