The Elms Hotel and Spa
$147
$133
Hotels.com
1,034 results
All reviewsghost tourindoor lap poolhot tubgrotto areaal caponesteam saunaparlor suitememory foamquiet roomkansas cityrelaxing weekendfifth floorgirls weekendwedding partywabash bbqexfoliationpeppermint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent the weekend here for my son's wedding. Let me say, they do it well. Nancy Walters is great. She coordinated the wedding and did a great job. Everything was taken care of. They are still doing the remodel, but the hotel portion is actually near completion. The lap pool is not yet done. The spa is open. We checked in to a king room. Initially, I felt it was a little small, but then again this is an old building. After being in the room for a while, it was no longer small. The have a Keurig for coffee. That's cool. The shower was great. Really, I was concerned when the water in the sink was a little slow, but the shower was perfect. The have avedia products and that is wonderful. They do the small things well. I thought the bed was lumpy when I sat on it, but when I slept on it, it was wonderful too.

Room Tip: Great wedding location. We were above and near the room where the reception was. I could hear the music a little. If you are sensitive to noise, ask to be higher and away.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ElmsGM, General Manager at The Elms Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear broro777,

Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent visit to The Elms Hotel & Spa. We too have a very high opinion of Nancy. Our team takes great pride in providing the best wedding experience in the KC Metro area. Please accept my apologies for the continued restoration, as you noted work is nearly completed. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the guestroom amenities that include the Keurig coffee maker and Aveda products!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My bride and I visited this hotel while in town to celebrate the rebirth of the Excelsior Springs Airport, and the First Annual Chili Contest at the airport. Well-known locals strongly recommended The Elms, and it was a hit for us. We enjoyed the renovated room in which we stayed. Strangely, there were no electric outlets in the bathroom, but otherwise the room was well-appointed and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Of note is the fact that this is the hotel in which Harry Truman stayed the night of the election, and is the site at which he held up the newspaper which incorrectly stated that Dewey won the election.

This place is worth the visit.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear supercubber,

Thank you for recommending The Elms Hotel and Spa. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the guestroom; I can assure that the electric outlet in the bathroom is being addressed. Your kind words about our staff’s helpfulness and friendliness are appreciated by all us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

We appreciate and value your business. Contact me directly if I can be of future assistance.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband had a very nice and enjoyable stay at the Elms for our wedding anniversary. The staff was very accommodating and attentive. We enjoyed a wonderful couples massage at the Spa there which was very nice and newly remolded. The grotto area within the spa was still not open which was a bit disappointing, but our massage was wonderful and the therapists were excellent. Our room (one of the standard rooms) was very clean and comfortable (newly remolded as well). The bed was super comfortable memory foam. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub which was nice. Overall a very enjoyable stay!

Dear KansasJoy,

We are truly excited that you choose The Elms to celebrate your anniversary! Thank you for submitting a review and comments about your recent stay at The Elms Hotel & Spa. Please accept my apologies for the grotto area not being completed at the time of your visit. We have a terrific spa team I am delighted they took care of you and that the couples massage was wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary next year or perhaps again in the very near future!

We appreciate and value your business! Contact me directly if I can be of future assistance.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our beautiful fall drive from Northeast Kansas was relaxing and a short distance to our first visit at The Elms in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. This historic hotel is very beautiful and grand with the stone architecture. It has been tastefully updated with a modern decor. Love it! Bed was very cozy & comfortable. We enjoyed the calm and quiet with the exception of late night wedding party people. The bar was nice and the brunch was delicious. Staff was nice but due to slowness may have seemed bored? Andrew, bartender, was quite accommodating & very friendly.
No ghosts! We didn't eat in the restaurant because we chose to do the local dinner theatre and on another night chose the BBQ the locals spoke of. Excelsior Springs appears to have been affected by the economy. Not much to do and seemed quiet with no shoppers for a nice weekend. We ventured out of town and did some antiquing.

Dear cindywho24,

Thank you for visiting us from Northeast Kansas! I am glad to hear the short distance was relaxing. We are proud of the architecture and stone…they just don’t build them like this anymore! On your next visit I would recommend checking out one of the local wineries or Watkins Mill State Park. We appreciate the kind words regarding Andrew and we look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Elms is most beautiful and full of history. The staff was very friendly an helpful. Prices reasonable. Location = it is a bit far from the city but its a delightful destination and not too hard to find. The beds were devine. Need to finish up a few minor details in their recent remodel. The spa looks amazing even though did not take time to use. Outdoor pool was heated and very nice - even at night it looked wonderful. Sunday brunch had quite the variety. Heard from many that the meals were great and the drinks served well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gunnar s

Dear gunnar s,

Congratulations to Ally and Luis! We look forward to welcoming them back for their anniversaries for years come! I am delighted that the hotel team did everything possible to enhance your experience. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family!

Again, thank you for the feedback and please know we appreciate and value your business. Please contact me directly if I can be of future assistance.