“Wonderful staff!”

Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel rooms, hallways, and elevators need updating. The bathrooms had some dust on the ceilings but everything else was very clean. The beds are very comfortable, I love that the offer both firm and soft pillows. We had three pool side rooms, with sliding glass doors that let out on to a giant veranda. These rooms DO NOT come with fridges but for a very small fee, we were able to have one in each room. Everyone loved the pool, it can get crowded during the busy season so they have very strict rules when in the pool. Even with the rules, we really enjoyed it.
If you are not familiar with Missouri, we have lots of bugs here. We did have an incident with water bug that decided to spend sometime in one of our rooms. The hotel staff was so wonderful. They switched our rooms, even upgraded one of our rooms to a suite. They sprayed the rooms before had to ensure that we would not a have bug issue again. All the front desk staff, Tim from maintenece, Scott the general manager, and Lance another manager, made the rest of our stay perfect! The only reason I'm not giving this place it's well desereved 5th star is because of the renovating that needs to be done.

Room Tip: The pool closes late, so pool side rooms can be noisy!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We do review all of our guest feedback and use it to help us to provide the best service we can. Thanks also for recognizing our staff!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

It had been a very long winter and I was anxious to do something fun with my 4 grand-kids, ages 4, 6, 10, 11, for Spring Break. We decided to just go to the Holidome at 6 Flags, ST. Louis for a couple days of swimming. I had stayed there several times in the past without my grand-kids and always thought they would enjoy the pool. The hotel is old and needs some revamping but it was only about 30 miles from us. I booked two nights for Thursday March 20 and Friday March 21. When I booked, I talked to Demi and made sure that all the pool facilities were up and running. She assured me that they were. I called back the day before we were to arrive and I spoke to her again. I asked if we could bring any water toys; noodles, floats, balls, etc...She said that they had trouble in the past and absolutely NOTHING in the pool other than goggles and coast guard approved floatation.She also advised me that there were no coolers/food or drink in the pool area.I told her I understood, just wanted to make sure other kids didnt have something that mine didnt. She stated there would be NO water toys and if anyone brought them in they would be asked to leave...Our first day was great. lots of swimming, playing the expensive games in the arcade. Dinner in the restaurant was slow. appetizers were burnt and came AFTER the meal but went with the flow and still tipped well. about 12 PM Saturday, we were in the pool when a large group of kids arrived carrying noodles, floats, water guns, a huge cooler and balloons. My grandkids looked at me like "whats UP?" I told the women that we were not allowed to bring in those items. She said nothing was said to her. I took my grandkids and we went to the front desk to ask why. Demi was off duty but Scott [--] the night manager was there. He said that this was a private party and different rules applied. I told him that Demi had told me that anyone who brought in toys would be asked to leave. He stated that there were different rules for private parties. Obviously, my grandkids had so desire to go back and watch other kids have toys when they could not. I have been a Priority club member for 12 years and have never been treated with such a rude and uncompromising manner. I told Scott if he could not compenstate us in some way, ( let my kids have toys also) I would be checking out and not staying the 2nd night. He said he would not charge us for the 2nd night if we left now but there was nothing he could do about the previous night. My one day bill was 209.00...it was 1PM and we packed our bags and left. Scott really gave us no compensation or satisfaction at all. Scott did state that this was a communication problem between his sales staff and front desk and acted like it was not his problem. If this is the Quality of service that Priority Club members can now receive, that is pretty pathetic! I will not go back here again and Scott [--] should be in a different line of work.
Reason for Visit:To let kids play on Spring break
ProsLocation, Facilities
ConsRecognition for IHG® Rewards Club Members, Atmosphere, different set of rules for different groups

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Reba927
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We sincerely apologize for your experience during your stay with your grandchildren. We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we did learn from your feedback. We hope you would give us a chance in the future to show you we listened to your comments and have used them to create a better guest experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel excelled in customer seri vice; towels were brought to us in the hot tub, extra blankets were brought to our room, and the front desk staff even discounted the rate we had agreed to, when she realized we qualified for a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Blee1981
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing you feedback on the customer service at our hotel. Our staff works really hard to provide a great customer experience. We will certainly share with them your kind feedback and a GREAT JOB!
Thanks for staying with us. We hope you will visit again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay the night while traveling- very glad we stayed here.

Clean room, large pool, comfy bed, and a room with a view of the pool. We didn't go to the restaurant the next morning. I'm sure it is very busy when 6 Flags is open!

• Stayed: March 2014
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We are thrilled you found our hotel during your travels and very pleased you enjoyed the pool and fun dome. We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

On a cross country road trip and ended up here for the night. Amazing find. Clean bug rooms. Super comfortable bed indoor pool and hot tub. On site restaurant us great. Bar, pool tables, arcades.

I would imagine when 6 flags is open this place would be insane but when it wasn't it was perfect.

Room Tip: Sign up for a IHG rewards card.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to give us your feedback. And yes, when Six Flags is open we do get quite busy. Just to let you know we open additional outlets during the summer months to be sure we take care of all our guests needs. We open the Pizza corner in the fun dome and also offer a breakfast buffet in the fun dome for a reasonable price. We know guests want to get to the park early! We hope you will return and visit Six Flags and let us know what you think. Regards, ToniH.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I took a chance with this hotel and did enjoy it for the first time while visiting my family. Staff was very nice and welcoming during checking in. The majority of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The girl who was attempting to work at the bar next to the indoor pool was simply useless and was a poor example of how much of the staff wanted to deliver excellent customer service. She was only concerned about her iPhone and didn't want to be bothered as she was either talking on it or playing on social media. While sitting at the bar she made absolutely no attempt to converse with us and had her back turned towards us while on her iPhone! I would have liked to see staff keep the kids of a young age from taking over the hot tub since the hotel did have a posted sign stating nobody at a young age to use it. Kids will be kids and it was the holidays but an attendant would be a good idea to assure all guests could enjoy the pool area and for safety reasons. This was my first time staying at the hotel and would like to return but it is in need of major renovation. They have closed the bar from what I have been told but it was closed years ago. I'm not sure what the reason the management team decided to not take steps to reopen the bar is but it would definitely be a great addition for guests staying there.
I would like to see a better fitness center as the equipment is not anything better than what you can purchase for home and in an odd area overlooking the pool.
This could be a great hotel if the management had more creative ideas to service the guests needs while staying there rather than offering the bare minimum. The rates are overpriced for what guests receive but I would be happy to pay double of what they currently charge if they would step up and offer just a little more customer service while staying there. I believe that most of the staff could make your stay an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank keywestinfo
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided to us to help improve the guest experience. The guest experience is very important to us and I apologize we fell short of your expectations. I certainly hope you will try us again when visiting your family.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I don't think I'd like this place when Six Flags is open! We were here on our road trip from AZ to IL in the fall. The room was clean and comfortable - the restaurant quite good. We look for a nice hotel with a decent restaurant on our long day of driving so we don't have to go out for food. This fits our needs perfectly. The whole staff is friendly and most accommodating. Filled our travel thermos without any hassle.

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms with outside access - just my preference.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your travel. We love to hear when our staff is recognized for a job well done and really appreciate you sharing this. We hope you will visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
The Wildwood Hotel
The Wildwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wildwood
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags? Share your experiences!