New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Webster Groves, Missouri
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Fright Fest and stay at the hotel to celebrate our one year. You can't beat the location and it looked to have a ton of fun amenities. Check-in was fast and easy. We were able to drop our stuff off and get the shuttle to the park which saved us $20. We got back from the park at midnight and everything was closed as far as amenities go. The indoor pool, arcade, bar and restaurant...all closed. Yes I understand it was midnight, but it would have been nice to grab a beer at the restaurant or something. The hotel's features appear to be a lot of fun and I would have loved to experience some of it. The rooms there are alright. The lighting though are those bright LED lights...similar to those you see in a hospital room or in the hall way of a school so it wasn't really warm or inviting. We turned on the TV hoping to find something to watch or order a movie. Much to our disappointment, all but a select few channels were not fuzzy and the movie ordering option did not even work. I didn't think much of it since it was just something to go to sleep to. Also, the room didn't have a fridge. I decided to call the hotel two days later to express disappointment and inform them of the issue with the television. All I got in return was, "Thanks for telling us. I'll make sure to tell maintenance." No apology, no offer of a discount, no nothing. Summing up, I paid $150 to save $20 on parking at Six Flags, watch a fuzzy TV, not be able to swim, play in the arcade, grab a bite at the restaurant nor a drink at the bar and not have a fridge in the room. I thought those came standard? They did have a good vending machine though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meaghan S
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback following your stay with us. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy all the holidome features after returning from Fright Fest. All of your comments do help us to provide our guests with the experience they are looking for. Again, I apologize for your experience and I do hope you will try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

this is my third time staying here in the past year and a half and this hotel never grows old on me. every time my family pulls into our castle my heart lights up because i know im gowing to have a great time enjoying the dome. And i was lucky for the first time since ive been coming here again the refreshment stand was open so i was able to pick up a very reasonable priced pizza and have a good time. btw i still love your theme and don't listen to these other people not outdated just better with age!

Room Tip: if you can i reccomend getting a dome side room to have easiest access to fun dome but if not no big...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review. It is great to learn you return to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Fort Valley, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spent 8 nights at this hotel for a dog show at Purina Farms (Yes some shows last that long!).

The hotel does need some updating but the staff really worked as hard or harder than any staff I have seen.

The Good:
The Staff - When I checked in, my room was not ready but the front desk said to leave them a cell number and they would call in 45-60 minutes. After 45 minutes I got a call saying my room was ready. That impressed me. Another example - our shower had problems and the staff worked until they fixed it and solved the problem.
The Restaurant - The portions were massive - Breakfast for one can easily feed two. Again, another friendly staff.
Pets - They take pets and the staff works hard to keep the property clean and provide bags for clean-up.
Lots of "Drive-Up" rooms.
Hotel takes care of their Rewards Club members.

The Bad (with apologies to the management);
Room Condition - These are old rooms and they REALLY need to be updated. The furnishings are dated and many of the Air Conditioners need to be serviced. The carpets need to be replaced - now.
Restaurant Policy needs help. At dinner we wanted a sandwich but that required you to go to the bar. It's not a good policy that the bar menu, room service, pick-up and restaurant menus vary and the wait staff cannot vary from that. I told the front desk manager about this at checkout and she was a bit - inflexible about this. (ouch!)
The Facility needs a major update - this is separate from the rooms. The old "Holidome" is just about the same as it was many years ago.

I varied on 3-4 stars for this property but in the end, the condition of the rooms drove me to the lower rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a down and out room..........
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RoadCorgi
Thank you for providing us the feedback on your stay. Yes, we appreciate the good and the bad. We rely on feedback such as yours to let us know how we are doing and what our guests are looking for. It is our goal to continuely move forward in improving the guest experience. Thanks for staying with us and thanks for your IHG Rewards membership.
Milton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rooms way over-priced @ $99 per night. Old furnishings, no refrigerator or microwave (standard amenity in even budget priced hotels); coffee pot barely works, one very slow cup at a time. Plus a $35 pet fee? Really? Restaurant service is nonexistent. Terribly understaffed and unprepared to handle guests. Waited 45 minutes at table and walked out. No one ever took our order, had to ask for water. Not able to buy a cup of coffee in the morning. Inexcusable for a Holiday Inn property. Won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Can't advise on finding a good room at this property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Debbie M
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your hotel stay. I sincerely apolgize we fell below your expectations. We do value the feedback guests such as yourself provide to us and we use this feedback to help us to improve both the hotel and service. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks again,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I should of stayed somewhere else other than here,the rooms are sub standard and way over priced, I could have paid half what I paid here and paid for parking at six flags and been better off. The pool area ranked of chlorine smell, almost choke you, and I have trouble smelling things. Very outdated hotel, restaurant inside the hotel was awful, nice location, surroundings are pretty but not worth the cost.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Bigguy2211
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apology we fell below your expectations. Our guests satisfaction is so important to us and this feedback helps us to recognize what guests are looking for. We do hope if you visit the area you will give us another opportunity.
Chehalis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while we were attending a dog show at Purina Farms (about 10 miles away). The rooms they let people with dogs stay in are in a separate building in the back. The rooms and the beds are comfortable. It was quiet. The housekeeping staff we came in contact with were friendly and prompt when we requested something. It was very hot and the AC worked well to keep the room comfortable. The room did NOT have a refrigerator and microwave--that is why I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5. It is an older property and it looks like they are not keeping up with the small maintenance items. There is plenty of parking close to your room. There is a HUGE area to walk the dogs. There is a separate building to bathe the dogs. We had trouble getting wifi on our ipad in room 403. I would stay here again if I return to Eureka for another dog show. It seemed to be a bit expensive for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for the feedback following your stay. Your comments are very important to us and help us to continue to strive to provide a great guest experience. Thanks for providing the room number regarding the wifi to help us check on this.

Thanks again!
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Remeber the Holidomes that Holiday Inn built in the 60's and 70's? Well, that about explains this place. Clean, rustic, but very dated. The indoor fun park is a throw-back to an earlier age. Mini-golf holes drilled into the floor? Video arcade games? However, most people are here for Six Flags, so it doesn't matter. We enjoyed the small balcony off our room on the second floor. Because of low occupancy, we had the outside to ourselves. Good view of bustling I-44. But not too close for comfort. The dinner was surprisingly good. And reasably priced. We are on our way to California, so this was a good rest stop away from St. Louis. I would shoot myself if I had to stop in the middle of the summer.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Toni H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your stay with us. We rely on guests to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve our guests experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Travelodge Six Flags / Gray Summit
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags? Share your experiences!