“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Eureka
Dallas, TX
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is great. What more can you ask for? The original exposed portion of the building, a cool and creepy tale about a ghost, plus 6-Flags characters at breakfast. Fun.....just plain fun.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Gainesville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were a walk in, after another local hotel overbooked and wouldn't honor our reservation. The front desk here went above and beyond to find us a room. They were great and saved our trip to 6 Flags with our grandchildren. The shuttle to 6 Flags is wonderful saving us a $15 parking fee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Convenience is the key here. The shuttle to Six Flags could not have been more convenient. Food was good in the restaurant - KIDS EAT FREE - take advantage of this! The hotel staff was great - very friendly and courteous. Pool had great hours - open until 11:00PM each evening. There were 'of course' your typical 'soccer moms' staying here with kids (better than thou) running out of control.......but thats another story...they are everywhere you go (unfortunately). We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

This past weekend we had a family gathering - and it was perfect! The hotel was very accomodating and gave us all first floor, pool side rooms! I knew this hotel had a nice pool area by reading other reviews, but I had no idea how wonderful it would be. There was PLENTY of seating, by the pool, by the mini golf/shuffle board area, by the food establisments - I mean we always were able to pull a few tables together and share snacks and just visit. There were 6 kids in our party of 13 so we are used to chaos - but I will warn you - this hotel is crawling with kids! What else would you expect from a hotel right next to a theme park! There were plenty of staff patroling the area and for the most part everyone was well supervised. The grounds and rooms were very clean - my only negative comment would be the 'fine dining' rest. We went there for lunch - we thought we would try out the hotel food...and it was a mistake. My husband ordered a burger and fries...easy enough - but when the meal came half the fries were cooked and half were still frozen. We are still not really sure how that happened - but they deducted it from the bill and we got a snack off property.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fun weekend! The staff went out of thier way to help us with luggage carts, check in, ordering pizza, etc. It was a wonderful experience and we are already talking about returning next year.

Room Tip: Call ahead and talk to the front desk staff!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I loved this hotel so, so much! I went with 4 other people (my son, my husband, my daughter, and my daughters bestfriend). It was a rather lovely hotel. My children seemed to love it. We went there in June '09. When we arrived, our expectations were highly exceeded. The lobby was very cool. My daughter loved it. Our room was in the perfect spot. It was a room right by the pool and it was perfect. The pizza place and the restaurant were very, very convenient. The pool was great! Very big and spacious. The arcade was nice too; my kids loved it. They even had a gift shop with some cute things there. Various activities for us to do was great. The shuttle to Six Flags was the greatest. Honestly, the only problem (which isnt bad at all) I had with the hotel was one night (it was about 11 or midnight) we were kind of hungry and I decided to order something from the restaurant, and it took a lot longer than I would expect for it to get done. It was late at night though, and I understand. I had a fabulous time. Were definitely going back there! In fact, in about a week, were taking a trip back up there and staying there again! I can't wait! Both my kids and I are very excited!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room next to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Currently here..stayed here the past 2 nights Also wanted to say the Pool is awesome has warm water. Big selection of video games and plenty of exercise equipment also available.
Kids eat free with adult meal purchase. As far as others concerns of railroad noise i have't heard a thing but i'm in main building facing pool. There's also not been noise by kids as others were concerned with. You get free shuttle to and from six flags with stay which saves you $15 parking a day at six flags If staying in Eureka 2 things to avoid are KOA campground down the road it's dirty not well kept and is backed up to a grave yard right by the cabins. also McDonalds down the hill has poor service and was messing up everyones orders. As far as food eat at this hotel it's not expensive and is very convenient.

1 Thank Dschuler2
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

Arrived one day early at the venue with my daughter when we were on a business trip. The early arrival proved no problem and we were given a room which enabled us to park immediately outside and it was very good. Access to pool and gym was good but the equipment in the gym limited and you have to time your arrival at the pool to miss let us say kids who are not under the control of their parents. However both on the Saturday and the Sunday the latter after mothers day brunch was almost empty. We booked a table at the restaurant but it was almost empty when we arrived. The food although good came from a limited menu. But again despite some of the reviews before the food was better than anticipated.
The one problem with this hotel is the railway which runs very close to the hotel and is all freight traffic and for some reason the drivers blow their whistles any time day or night and not just once but numerous times. In our case it was 4am, 4-35am and 6pm on both the Saturday and Sunday. Not really giving the great nights sleep one anticipated.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms the railway side of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eureka
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags? Share your experiences!